UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Muppets Minimates!

So one of the things that was overlooked this weekend (mostly because no photos were shown and the news was buried in one story) is that we are getting Muppets Minimates! The Muppets are probably my wife's favorite thing in the world, so we might finally have some Minimates that she won't roll her eyes at. biggrin.png I've wondered about how well Muppets will translate; Kermit specifically has proportions that may not work. But if they can do Spongebob's skinny legs, then they can do Kermit's.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can get the main cast before the line starts dipping into obscure characters (as seem to be a trend in recent licensed minimates) I’m gonna be SUPER upset if this line ends after 3 box sets and we don’t get say Rolf but got Viking Pig 3 from “In the Navy” sketch

but tentatively, I’m very excited about Muppets minimates. In fact I’think Kermit says it best:

Kermit+YAY.gif

YAAAAAY!!!!

We could finally have celebrity mates! Like mark Hamill, Alice Copper, and so on

I would heavily doubt celebrities are included in the Muppets license, and if they are... why include them?!

why introduce an element that keeps us from getting the core cast and is a distraction to the main license “well we only got Pigs In Space Piggy but at least we finally got that Elton John minimate people have been kicking down doors for!"

I wonder who owns the rights to Fraggle Rock. . .

Was this definitely confirmed? I saw that DST had a Muppets poster, but that could just mean ice cube trays and pizza cutters unless we got more specific info. Of course, I'm excited about this, as I'm as big a Muppet fan as you're likely to run across. I also realize that they don't play to some of the strengths of Minimates, but they could be awesome nonetheless. The Kubricks were pretty sweet, even though we only got a handful of figures. Pigs in Space, Electric Mayhem, and Veterinarian's Hospital are major wants of mine. Palisades never even gave us the Hospital figures.

Edited by karamazov80