UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this was discussed somewhat in another thread already, but after seeing the movie the Hulk and Vision variants we're getting wouldn't have even occurred to me as options. Maybe the early info DST had suggested different but the differences on screen seem to be minimal if they exist at all.

I know this was discussed somewhat in another thread already, but after seeing the movie the Hulk and Vision variants we're getting wouldn't have even occurred to me as options. Maybe the early info DST had suggested different but the differences on screen seem to be minimal if they exist at all.

Yeah, all the Hulk needed was an alt. head and the second Vision wasn't needed at all.

Yeah, all the Hulk needed was an alt. head and the second Vision wasn't needed at all.

they could have maybe done "naked" Vision as a variant, but yeah extra figures for each character is pretty useless. would rather have had a bulked up final Ultron and a new Nick Fury.

Yeah, even if there is another boxset we're going to end up missing out on some characters that I certainly would have preferred to these two. Some viable ones still left: Mk 45 Iron Man, Fury, Final Ultron, Dr. Cho, and the new costumes from the final scene.

I'm pretty ok with missing out on another Jackson Fury. Even if he was wearing different clothes this time. A taller Ultron might be kinda cool - like, with a little torso riser or something. Cho is really about the only character i'd be interested in having, as she's a new person. But even she's a pretty bland character.

If there ends up being no box-set, i'll be quite happy. I'm not really in the market for more battle-damaged movie mates.

I wonder if Klaue might come with the Zombie arm-stump packed in as an extra biggrin.png

Edited by Nessex

Here's a third person in a row, MR PL, Valo, me, who would have liked the grey. I have to say, the scene was great regardless.

Once the possibility got out, all I heard was curiosity and excitement for Gray Hulk, I don't know who these people were who were voting against it.

i would guess Feige probably vetoed it like he did about having Ms. Marvel show up in the New Avengers reveal. maybe they were worried that having the Hulk turn grey was gonna confuse people...who the hell knows? it woulda been cool, but in a movie that was this freakin' geeky and comic book-y I am not gonna complain.

I could be wrong but I could have sworn they even showed the gray version in a trailer for a split second, I wonder how last minute this decision was made.

It's possible, given that there is going to be (Or is) a Gray Funko Pop Hulk from AoU. It's a shame to me, Gray Hulk is my favorite version but I can kind of get why they wouldn't do it. Casual fans know Green Hulk and that's it.

I just re-watched the second official trailer, and while it's not 100% definite, he definitely appears to be a much darker shade when he's kicking the police cars than what we saw in the movie. And I remember when I saw that the first time thinking it was definitely the Gray Hulk. Your mileage may vary.

I could be wrong but I could have sworn they even showed the gray version in a trailer for a split second, I wonder how last minute this decision was made.

It's possible, given that there is going to be (Or is) a Gray Funko Pop Hulk from AoU. It's a shame to me, Gray Hulk is my favorite version but I can kind of get why they wouldn't do it. Casual fans know Green Hulk and that's it.

When Hulk is under Scarlet Witch's spell, he is definatly a different colour. I've seen the movie twice now, and it's quite noticeable. Its not quite grey, but it's something.

He seems slightly paler in the movie, like a sickly color green. In the second trailer, he appears much darker to me. That's why I feel like they may have changed it at the last minute. The Gray Hulk talk started once that trailer came out from what I recall.

Maybe they decided to pull it because the gray version is smarter, more in control. Maybe that's one way they have considered giving him his own movie down the line.

What the Grey Hulk does or is like in the comics has nothing to do with the movie.

Did we really lose something by not having him turn grey? Was there anything him being grey instead of green could have added to the story? Seems like an odd thing to get hung up on.

I don't think anyone is "hung up on it," we are just saying it would've been a cool thing to see. I'm not sure why it bothers you so much.

I am puzzled by your comment that what the character is like in the comics has nothing to do with the movie. Have you seen any of these movies? They may take little things and change them, but they are pretty much faithful to personalities and characterizations.

Yeah I've seen all of them. And I've read the entire run of Incredible Hulk. And it doesn't really seem that way by a lot of the stuff I'm reading online, you would think people are expecting refunds because he wasn't grey. Not exclusive to this site, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

And little cosmetic details like that I don't think they care about being 100% faithful to. When Iron Man had the Silver Centurion armor in Iron Man 2 I don't think they were thinking about how faithful the adaptation would be to the comics. I doubt there were conversations about adapting the specifics of the armor to the screen. I bet they just thought "hey, let's make a red and silver armor" as a nod to the comics and it went no further than that. Why would a Grey Hulk be any different?

I take issue with that because marvel has awesome people in charge of concept art for their movies (a job I one day hope to have) and the silver centurion suit especially was designed beautifully, it both looked like a plausible ironman armor in the MCU and had tons of nods to the comic look, the pointed shoulders, the slightly extended ears, and the shape of the arc reactor were all influenced by the look in the comics, then they gave it a very retro Sci fi color scheme that made it come together nicely

Marvel thinks their designs through very throughly 99.9% of the time, this is why almost every movie and TV show they've done has an accompanying art book that's usually mainly character art

Back to the matter at hand, I didn't need hulk to turn grey, but I feel he did in the movie even if it was just lighting and dust.

Yeah I've seen all of them. And I've read the entire run of Incredible Hulk. And it doesn't really seem that way by a lot of the stuff I'm reading online, you would think people are expecting refunds because he wasn't grey. Not exclusive to this site, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

And little cosmetic details like that I don't think they care about being 100% faithful to. When Iron Man had the Silver Centurion armor in Iron Man 2 I don't think they were thinking about how faithful the adaptation would be to the comics. I doubt there were conversations about adapting the specifics of the armor to the screen. I bet they just thought "hey, let's make a red and silver armor" as a nod to the comics and it went no further than that. Why would a Grey Hulk be any different?

Fair enough, I guess I was somewhat influenced by a story I read where they held back a really great Hulk scene that they wouldn't reveal, with the idea being that they would use it in the future. I keep hoping that they have plans for Hulk in a more features role, and thought maybe that was why they made that decision.