UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow - that cape is very detailed. It'd be lovely if the minimate did have that detail, but i'm not sure how that'd go on a translucent figure.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was released a bit late for DST to do anything about it as well.

Can we at least get the hot rod flame legs included so we can have the Tony Stark War Machine?

• 2 weeks later...

Harsh but honest . The original Hulk Buster [as I will continue to spell him* ] minimate, could never be bettered IMHO . As an articulated mini-figure however it is severely flawed in that it is almost inarticulate . Somebody somewhere knows that & from the picture above (well done yb) compromises have been made ....to give the guy a chance of actually being posed .

* Neither 'Hulk Buster' or 'Hulkbuster' spelling seems to be definitive but I definitely found that one of the spellings led to cheaper TRU versions on ebay in the day . biggrin.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

I can see where leaving the back of the upper leg somewhat uncovered could help with posing, but not the front. I suppose it's the same piece for both legs. Either way, I think it's a pretty major compromise and there aren't a lot of parts available to fix it with. That's not even mentioning the wonky proportions. Are there two chest blocks? DST has solved these challenges pretty well in the past so I'm disappointed to see them miss so badly here. This, Ultron, and the Iron Legion have really diminished my enthusiasm for these waves.

To be fair to the HB mate in the picture, it is a painted prototype that Zach was kind enough to take out of the display case to allow me to take a fun photograph.

I wasn't about to attempt to pose or reposition in any way for fear of the prototype being damaged during a convention where it is to be on display.

Possibly unfair criticisms of this Minimate have confirmed all my fears about going out of my way to show stuff to you guys. :D This thing is massive, and while I have not posed it - Justin and I had to struggle to keep the prototype's arm on - I an pretty sure that any thinness in the legs is going to lessen the first time you bend his knee.

Pretty sure there's a Tony Stark head under there.

Edited by DSTZach

I read my post through again ....then I read it once more just to check ....I'm glad that I never criticised this new Hulk Buster minimate . Acknowledging a fellow-member's remark & addressing what I believed to be his 'fears' is what I consider to be forum discussion rather than direct criticism of a prototype .

To be fair to the HB mate in the picture, it is a painted prototype that Zach was kind enough to take out of the display case to allow me to take a fun photograph.

I wasn't about to attempt to pose or reposition in any way for fear of the prototype being damaged during a convention where it is to be on display.

I am grateful to the both of you .

Prototype or not, I don't see anything I've written as being unfair. Paint seems to be the usual difference from the prototype to final product and I didn't mention it for that reason. Unless something is dramatically misassembled it doesn't look like the skinny legs or proportions would change. Whether it's a good idea or not to compromise aesthetics for poseability would be another discussion. I do appreciate the picture though, even if I'm not crazy about the figure.