UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Abomination matches with anything.

Found Banner/ War Machine today (Moline, IL). Banner is cool and the extra head is a great addition, just need to figure out what parts would work for a somewhat movie accurate hulking out look. War Machine isn't very exciting if you have the IM3 version but the likeness on the head is much improved and it's a fitting expression for the character. If you have matching hands putting them and the head on Shingen's gray suit gets you close to a movie accurate celebration Rhodey.

Is the Banner hairpiece new? It's so very curly.

One of the TRUs near me had all three sets, but only one Hulkbuster. Still not sure I need that, but it does look cool.

I picked up an extra Banner/WM set hoping someone would be interested in trading for a regular AOU Vision and Wave 62 Apocalypse? Just looking for those two figures out of these two lines. PM me!

Also, I wanted to give DST props on Klaue. That likeness is EXACTLY Andy Serkis. The hairpiece isn't right, but it works well enough, but that face is perfect. Just wish that character had more importance, and surprised he made it to TRU and not Vision.

Hmmmm, do I risk waiting and checking my nearby TRU tonight? I'm in the western IL burbs, which unfortunately has some of the minimate resellers nearby. So risky if I can find one. Considering ordering the Banner/War Machine set from TRU.com (BACK IN STOCK RIGHT NOW!!!!) but they charge an ugly $5.99 shipping.

Of course it comes back in stock today. I just bought a set on ebay for $17 shipped over the weekend. But I'm okay with that price since it would be about $14 from TRU.com so a little extra for the seller's time. But yeah that's kinda the story of my life lately. Oh well. Good luck to those that are taking advantage now.

I finally found the AoU TRU 2 sets.

I got only the Banner/War Machine packs. I got three of the four I saw on the peg.

I passed on the other sets because I got one custom case form Luke and had those included in that assortment. Now I have all the AoU (Avengers 2) Minimates released by DST.

I may get another Hulkbuster Armor Iron Man set down the road if he is still at TRU next trip but not necessary.

Got my Banner/War Machine set today. War Machine is, as we've seen, almost identical to the IM3 version. The AoU version is more of a darker black color while the IM3 version is more of a dark gun metal. And the AoU version (at least mine anyway) is missing the Air Force emblem on the left arm. With those 2 very minor differences this version of War Machine is underwhelming.

Banner though is a great figure. The transforming face is great but it makes me wish we'd have gotten some extra parts to go with it. A ripped shirt torso and non labcoat arms would have been perfect. But its just nice to get an official Banner figure to go with the rest of the team.

I just haven't had luck with knees lately. My Spidey 2099 figure had a lot of excess paint sticking one knee closed and I just opened the AOU Banner pack to find he's got two left legs! What's really interesting is that all of the copyright info is still all printed on the back of the figures (even though that's technically the front of the duplicate left leg)

Already contacted DST but I don't expect a reply until Tuesday or so due to the holiday

AOU%20Banner%20Leg%2002_zpsvnymmsps.jpg

Edited by Shogi