UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've seen all of them. And I've read the entire run of Incredible Hulk. And it doesn't really seem that way by a lot of the stuff I'm reading online, you would think people are expecting refunds because he wasn't grey. Not exclusive to this site, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

And little cosmetic details like that I don't think they care about being 100% faithful to. When Iron Man had the Silver Centurion armor in Iron Man 2 I don't think they were thinking about how faithful the adaptation would be to the comics. I doubt there were conversations about adapting the specifics of the armor to the screen. I bet they just thought "hey, let's make a red and silver armor" as a nod to the comics and it went no further than that. Why would a Grey Hulk be any different?

Fair enough, I guess I was somewhat influenced by a story I read where they held back a really great Hulk scene that they wouldn't reveal, with the idea being that they would use it in the future. I keep hoping that they have plans for Hulk in a more features role, and thought maybe that was why they made that decision.
I think it might have been Hulk "calming down" after Scarlet's spell. When he was under her influence, he was full rage-mode (not in control, killing innocent people rage-mode) and that sort of murky-green *gray* colour. Although after Tony freed him from the spell, he turned a more green colour, and this is noticeable as you can actually see him change colour. It's like when he turns from Banner to Hulk, he has that phase between green and flesh colour. It's hard to explain, sorry.

And it's one of those things you only notice after watching for the second time, as it is subtle but once you see it you'll realise.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping that the Iron Legion figures will come with more numbers than "02" and "04" or I'll be looking for Luke to offer some sticker sheets to remedy that! (Subtle hint!)

Ultron Mark 1 is a battered #3. But we are going to release a couple of other numbers in a format to be revealed.

I just got my Iron Legion assortment and am ready to add to it. Has this format been revealed and, if so, what other numbers will be included?

For now I'm keeping a second set of 02 and 04, probably to be battle-damaged. I may hold on to a third set just in case I need to sticker over them to complete the Legion. Some Drones will probably get the battle-damaged treatment as well.

Sorry - you're right, Netglow.

02 and 04 are from the blind-bags.

Ultron had a red 'A' on his chest, indicating that he was made from Iron Legion 03.

So, it seems that we'll have 01, 02, 03 & 04 in a way :P

As much as I want it to be 5 for the Easter egg reason, I'm pretty sure it's 3. When I saw the movie the second time, I deliberately looked for the number and there is a second number on the side which is not on the minimate that looked like a 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else worried that we are getting the SDCC 2015 minimates before the Wave 63 ones? I thought we would have them by now.

Kind of surprised they haven't hit yet, honestly. But the Axis set hasn't either, right? Not sure what's going on... especially in the wake of how Wave 60 went.

Wasn't this wave due towards like august anyways?

I've gotten conflicting info, that it was July (From BBTS, my LCS, and a few other places) but yeah, I think Luke has it for August. But still, the Axis set is nowhere to be found (and retailers originaly had it for June) so it could be a delay on DST's end in general, or they're ensuring they produce more after the wave 60 stuff. I don't know, could be anything, really.

Edited by Rinku