UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total guessing on my part, but I think he's going to die. I mean someone has to, right?

spoilers are out there from people who have read the script and someone is gonna die (i mean, it's Joss Whedon, OF COURSE someone is gonna die) but it ain't gonna be War Machine or Falcon.

I read another sites spoilers a few hours after debunking the pietro thing. However, if he did someone mentioned that the in humans used terrigon mists to bring him back in the comics, or since scarlet witch now has telekinesis and doesn't know how powerful she really is, and with no mention of probability control or reality altering powers, maybe she and the audience discover that she does at the same time and she brings him back.

I figured that out because I'm Batman.

Cap would be really interesting, too. I know it won't happen, but just think... in the comics, the Civil War ended with Cap's death. What if in the movies, it started there? Tony and Steve disagree, their disagreement gets Cap killed, and everyone who was leaning towards Steve's side is galvanized. Civil War is the story of the fallout and Bucky's eventual acceptance of the mantle by film's end.

I am seriously hoping this movie ends with Tony walking into a room and addressing a MCU version of the Illuminati

(Panther, Strange, Black Bolt, Hank Pym, maybe Banner or Namor if they have secretly resolved the rights debacle)

Yeah my guess is Thor. That way Ragnarok is him literally fighting his way out of Hell to get to Asgard as

Loki attempts to defend it while on the throne. Thor can also find Odin along the way, wherever he is, and we can have that scene like from the Thor relaunch where Odin decides to stay away and gives Thor the mantle of King of Asgard permanently.

I don't think any of the heroes necessarily need to die to raise the stakes, the shot of Captain America trying to pull the car back onto the bridge only for the bumper to break off says there will be a substantial civilian death toll. And that's what started Civil War in the comics as well.

Isn't anyone else sick of the bait and switch of 'they're dead!....not really!'?

I realize this is the world of comic books, but you can't watch a Marvel movie without someone 'dying', it's not like every issue of Iron Man I pick up has someone die and come back in the next issue.

I just think it loses all the sense of drama.

If someone dies in this movie, they need to stay dead, otherwise everyone will just shrug.

Edited by UK Collector

it's Whedon's last movie for Marvel. someone's gonna die. it's gonna happen. that's how he rolls. and it's not gonna be Cap or Hawkeye or Falcon or Iron Man or Widow cuz they have all been announced for the Civil War cast. Quicksilver is just the most obvious one to kill. he's no fan favorite and doesn't have his own franchise, so he's the easy one to bump off. besides, just because one of the Avengers dies in this movie doesn't mean they aren't gonna come back in Infinity War. i mean bringing a character back from the dead would be the MOST Marvel comics thing they've done in any of these movies.

Edited by suicidewatch

It depends on how its handled, the two most notable ones to me are Tony seemingly being dead in avengers and then groots sacrifice in guardians. Both of those had resonance past that moment, Tony had excepted he might die by taking the bomb to the portal so it's not unheard of to think his mind was simply telling him it was over, and then that experience caries on through his life, giving him panic attacks about impending alien invasion, it changes his view of the worl.

Then with groot, that was a literal death, groot knew he would be giving up his life to save his friends, but he still does it, it was about the emotional impact for the plot, showing you that these criminals had gone through so much together they were willing to die for each other. Groots "resurrection" is actually more like a reincarnation, James gunn has even said this may not be the "original" groot, either way he has to go through a whole new growth cycle, still pretty costly.

Yes there have been some red herring deaths that may not have been handled well, but fear of death is still a good motivation, at least for the viewers to make the emotional connection with the gravity of a situation

I don't think they need to kill anyone for it to be a good story, but logically, thor, hulk or vision make thematic sense and two of them kinda need to be off the table for civil war to be a fair fight

Edited by undeadpool

Yeah, it's going to be Thor. Thor's death will help cause the rift between Cap and Iron Man for Civil War. This also accounts for why Loki and Heimdall are credited for the Age of Ultron.

This will also lead to Thor: Ragnarok and Asgard learning of Loki's defeat of Odin in Dark World. Thor will be trapped in Hel, Odin will eventually return to power (thanks to Sif and the Warriors Three), setting up the final battle of Odin sacrificing himself in order to save Thor from Hela's grip!

Thor defeats Surtur, Odin defeats Fenris, Heimdall defeats Loki, but Asgard is destroyed. The film will end with a familiar looking American doctor taking a pilgrimage to Norway.

Edited by youbastards

Joss Whedon is a very smart and talented guy, so I will trust his instincts, but if they actually did kill off Quicksilver, I think that would be incredibly shortsighted. This is a character who was just introduced, so his loss would be relatively trivial. It means something to Wanda but not to the audience, except for me because I'm a huge fan of the character. And if the two of them are what we all believe them to be in the MCU, it would be very wise to keep them around. Plus there's also the diversity they bring to the team, Joss even said in the first film that every character had either a punch or an energy blast based power. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver bring something new to the team dynamic. There's also the thought that Quicksilver's attitude, being the cocky prick that he is, would also bring something new to the team if Cap and Tony are going to be on opposite sides.

Plus there's also the notion that if they kill the character in this, they basically give the character completely to Fox, and you know Marvel has no interest in making them happy.

Edited by Valo487

Potential spoilers although I question the validity of the story.

So a guy did a talk at my school a little while ago (sadly his name escapes me), he's an underwater cameraman and was telling us about working on Age Of Ultron. He said the only scene he worked on was with Thor, I assumed it was the bit with him in the sort of cave surrounded by water that we see in the trailer. Anyway, he told us that while during this scene Thor ended up losing an arm, which was difficult to film. This made sense to me what with Thor having lost an arm recently in comics, I believe.

I did consider that he might've been lying, the guy was bit of a character. But he didn't seem all that knowledgable on the subject enough to make a joke about it, his wife even had to remind him the name of the film.

So anyway, if this is true then something is certainly going to happen to Thor though not necessarily death.