UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see those and wonder how a sculptor can take Wentworth Miller and somehow turn him into a bootleg of Quentin Tarantino.

I've let up on watching Gotham so the figures can stand on their own merit. I think we're all just disappointed that DST is being shut out of developing really great comic and comic-inspired toys (New 52 Deathstroke and Harley Quinn, anyone?). Not over quality, but over silly licensing politics.

Compared to ReAction or those "interchangeable magnetic vinyl" turds, Gotham Minimates are going to be works of art. So I really can't knock average-looking characters done well. A lot of great designs get horrible toys.

I think we're all just disappointed that DST is being shut out of developing really great comic and comic-inspired toys (New 52 Deathstroke and Harley Quinn, anyone?). Not over quality, but over silly licensing issues.

My feelings exactly. How they can look at the longevity and popularity of the Marvel line and not want that for themselves is beyond me. Then again, that's pretty much my comment on DC in general for the last ten years.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what the odds are of us getting a scarecrow mate.

scarecrow.jpg

From the latest Ask DST...

"DSTChuck: You know, to be honest, I was thinking all sorts of ideas when I saw that image. Well have to see if there is something we can do and if we can make it work with our plans."

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for the Gotham four pack, then I will retire my Gordon, Essen, & Nygma customs. So please share the release date!

• 2 weeks later...

Official solicits are up.

Sarah Essen looks pale. Her complexion is as light as Gordon's and that doesn't seem accurate.

Gordon's likeness seems off. Might be the hair. Maybe it should have been tampo'd on.

Nygma and Black Mask are solid. I wonder if we're getting more accessories that the cool one's already shown.

Looking forward to having more DC characters in my collection. banana.gif

Individually color-corrected prototype pics may not accurately reflect the actual skin tone of the final product. The Pantone numbers for Essen and Gordon are very different, and Essen's control art is much darker. I don't have a good shot of them all together from C2E2.

Nygma's mug should have a question mark on it.

Essen and Gordon should have guns.

Gordon and Black Mask should have removable jackets with extra shirt sleeves.

Nothing is 100% final, but that is what we are aiming for.

• 3 weeks later...