UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called ahead to see if they could hold a set for me. The guy said no since it's an exclusive. First come first serve. I asked if they had any left. He connected me to someone else who said they had four sets left. She also held a set for me when I told her I was on my way. Thanks, Mary!

A8782881-887B-4973-84BF-F319565CAAA2_zps

So if you're in the Wilkes-Barre area, there were three sets left as of 1PM. Good hunting!

PK13 & Shogi won this round. I will post again later and three more times tomorrow. I was guaranteed 12. If I end up with more, I will do more of this.

Called ahead to see if they could hold a set for me. The guy said no since it's an exclusive. First come first serve. I asked if they had any left. He connected me to someone else who said they had four sets left. She also held a set for me when I told her I was on my way. Thanks, Mary!

A8782881-887B-4973-84BF-F319565CAAA2_zps

So if you're in the Wilkes-Barre area, there were three sets left as of 1PM. Good hunting!

I'm probably going to head to B&N sometime this weekend. I'm not really into Gotham, but young Bruce Wayne is too cool to pass up. Hope they make Thomas and Martha at some point... preferably not battle damaged.

I got two Gotham two-packs today. I bought one and my buddy got me one. My buddy wanted to surprise me because he has seen my Gotham customs in my office.

The B&N in Blo/No, IL. Is now out of stock.

Yeah, it's nutty how national retail chains are selling Comic-Con "exclusives" around the country now.

I think the weirdest thing is that they are selling at retail places the very same time that SDCC is going on. It would be one thing to sell the leftover stuff afterwards, but how can they be SDCC exclusives if they never even made their way to the SDCC?

But it's still much better for them to be figures we can actually buy and not stuff that sells out and is just scalped to high heaven. I would rather there be no exclusives at all if they are just a pain in the ass to buy. How does it benefit me as a fan of cool stuff if it just gets snatched up by some greedy little troll?

It seems retailers are blurring the line between RETAIL exclusives and CONVENTION exclusives. As I was shopping over the weekend I saw a couple sales that used SDCC as an excuse to drive sales. They're selling geek-friendly merchandise but the stores have no connection to SDCC at all.

Barnes & Noble is celebrating pop culture all month, I believe, so their exclusives aren't for the con, they're for the retailer and tying into the con. Talk about splitting hairs but I'm happy to easily get my set either way.

Honestly, MOST of the SDCC exclusives at SDCC are labelled "insert company/store name here" exclusive premiering/available first at SDCC. I'm not sure there are too many actual SDCC exclusives

"Convention products will be live on HasbroToyShop.com on July 28, 2015."

Which probably means any five or six minutes of the 28th that I can't be on my computer or phone. I know I'm not getting that Doctor Strange ML set because I'll go to wash my face and it will go live and sell out in 30 seconds.

So I gladly welcome any convention exclusive that isn't over-produced but doesn't become a fan vs. fan competition.