UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

I'm still waiting for Gotham season 3 to show up on Netflix, so I'm not quite up to date. So far I've gotten the first two Gotham box sets, and I'm planning on getting the fourth.

From what I've seen, the second and fourth sets seem to best, with every figure either being very significant to the plot (S2, Bullock, & Lee) or very comic book-y (Strange & Fries).

The first set was pretty good, but I was only really interested in Gordon and Nygma. Essen was some what important, and Black Mask was kind of comic book-styled, but they really just left me cold and IMO there were better choices.

I skipped the third set entirely because the only character that interested me was Barbara, and I'd rather get her in a non-Arkham costume. It'd be nice to see her get another figure.

I'm hopeful for the future of this line, because I quite like (the first two seasons) of the show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many cool villains on this show, maybe we could get a villain pack?  There are not many good guys/gals left - well, maybe Bruce in a mask with a cape!

For the bad guys, we've got Fish (RIP twice), Butch, Falcone, Ivy, Jervis Tetch, Zsasz (who got a figure), Firefly, Jerome, and maybe even a Talon!

20 hours ago, BCDX97 said:

There are so many cool villains on this show, maybe we could get a villain pack?  There are not many good guys/gals left - well, maybe Bruce in a mask with a cape!

For the bad guys, we've got Fish (RIP twice), Butch, Falcone, Ivy, Jervis Tetch, Zsasz (who got a figure), Firefly, Jerome, and maybe even a Talon!

Two awesome 4-packs right there! (I would maybe lose Falcone, as they have a lot of minimates in suits).

We also need Azrael, considering he was the main villain of season 2. Additionally, Barnes should be updated to his executioner look.

Maybe we can get a virus-infected Gordon/Lee "together forever" two-pack exclusive?

• 1 month later...

Is the alternate white chestblock and skirt piece in the most recent set supposed to go to Hugo Strange or Mister Freeze? Ivan has it with Mister Freeze, but my initial thoughts were to put it with HUgo. Zach, can you clear this up? Also, I still haven't bee able to find this one in the wild. 

15 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Is the alternate white chestblock and skirt piece in the most recent set supposed to go to Hugo Strange or Mister Freeze? Ivan has it with Mister Freeze, but my initial thoughts were to put it with HUgo. Zach, can you clear this up? Also, I still haven't bee able to find this one in the wild. 

I'm not Zach, but I'm almost certain it's Hugo's.

• 4 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 7:30 PM, Joe Hill said:

Two awesome 4-packs right there! (I would maybe lose Falcone, as they have a lot of minimates in suits).

We also need Azrael, considering he was the main villain of season 2. Additionally, Barnes should be updated to his executioner look.

Maybe we can get a virus-infected Gordon/Lee "together forever" two-pack exclusive?

A LIL off topic but man are your Buffy mates amazing. Also have we heard about a 5th pack?

21 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

... Also have we heard about a 5th pack?

Considering there is a sculpted head or 3 that could be used for this season's big recurring villain I would be totally down for a 5th box set. We still need Butch (with parts for his new look) and a proper Barbara. Throw in Carmine Falcone (to keep tooling costs down) or Poison Ivy and this seasons new villain and I'd say you have a really nice box set.

From Ask DST #379, regarding the Gotham Select line:

Iexanni R.: By any chance are you guys going to do anymore Gotham figures for season 4? If you guys do I recommend a figure for scarecrow.

DSTChuck: We’re taking a “wait and see” on how the ratings are for the show and how our latest series sells in stores.

The ratings aren't terrific and we've been told that sales aren't where they'd like them to be. As a DC property, especially with more costumed villains showing up, I'd expect sales to be better especially since collectors like to use the Gotham figures to fill in their Batman ranks, whether it's one of DC Collectibles' 6.75" lines or a rare 7" offering from NECA. Those diorama pieces are pretty sweet, too.

I know I'm happy to add any DC Minimates to my collection. Hopefully things will pick up or DST will take a chance and develop another 4-pack that'll make retailers moist with anticipation. (Ivy, you're up!)

A good 5th boxset would be 

Lucius Fox

Butch

Jerome

Mad Hatter

I'm only midway into Season 3 playing catch up, so I don't know what Season 4 brings. But I do hope we get more.

Also you can make a quick custom of the Court of Owl goons( not sure their name) with the Crazy 88 gang pieces.

Edited by RedTiger95

14 hours ago, MisterPL said:

From Ask DST #379, regarding the Gotham Select line:

Iexanni R.: By any chance are you guys going to do anymore Gotham figures for season 4? If you guys do I recommend a figure for scarecrow.

DSTChuck: We’re taking a “wait and see” on how the ratings are for the show and how our latest series sells in stores.

The ratings aren't terrific and we've been told that sales aren't where they'd like them to be. As a DC property, especially with more costumed villains showing up, I'd expect sales to be better especially since collectors like to use the Gotham figures to fill in their Batman ranks, whether it's one of DC Collectibles' 6.75" lines or a rare 7" offering from NECA. Those diorama pieces are pretty sweet, too.

I know I'm happy to add any DC Minimates to my collection. Hopefully things will pick up or DST will take a chance and develop another 4-pack that'll make retailers moist with anticipation. (Ivy, you're up!)

Yeah, I actually don’t watch the show I just buy any DC mates where I can get them. :( 

13 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

A good 5th boxset would be 

Lucius Fox

Butch

Jerome

Mad Hatter

I'm only midway into Season 3 playing catch up, so I don't know what Season 4 brings. But I do hope we get more.

Also you can make a quick custom of the Court of Owl goons( not sure their name) with the Crazy 88 gang pieces.

From a merchandising perspective, I'd want to jumpstart the line with some more colorful characters. Freeze was a good addition in that regard. While Firefly's costume isn't particularly bright, any flame accessories could be and the character would complement Freeze. Riddler's green suit would be a standout, as would Fish's emerald ensemble. And I don't see how you could go wrong by adding Jerome, especially with an alternate, messed up noggin.

Gotham_Riddler.jpg

327F5F0000000578-3506700-image-a-52_1458

I also would not say no to Ras Al Ghul, Tactical Suit Bruce, Beat Cop (or Arkham Asylum guard) Gordon, or either Falcone. In addition to all of the above looks and designs. There is so much more potential for this series, including key variations on major characters from earlier sets.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:02 PM, thereasonsy said:

A LIL off topic but man are your Buffy mates amazing. Also have we heard about a 5th pack?

Thanks! 

I really hope there is another pack. I mean now we have Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow, Professor Pyg, and a new Ivy (in 2018)! DST can take the 4-packs beyond just civilians in suits and really make them interesting. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 7:14 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I can't think of where it would fit better.

Would any of the Alien helmets fit over Falcon's goggles? I think that would work well for a more traditional Mr. Freeze, maybe with Bloodshot's head.

The one that came with the Ripley/Ripley 2-pack should work. It fits over her reduced hair piece and has more room than the other helmets DST has made.