UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you're right, I'm not a preschooler. :P

It's the same character designs & animation studio, just a more chibi style, and it's the same voices. I don't see why we couldn't have the old show back, and have TTG be at the end of episodes. Then you can have the better (IMO) animated, serious action, followed by the silly "laundry day"/"going out for pizza" stuff after.

23 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Lol you're right, I'm not a preschooler. :P

It's the same character designs & animation studio, just a more chibi style, and it's the same voices. I don't see why we couldn't have the old show back, and have TTG be at the end of episodes. Then you can have the better (IMO) animated, serious action, followed by the silly "laundry day"/"going out for pizza" stuff after.

Because preschoolers will get a "My Cousin Vinny" reference?  Or when they make fun of a movie about "those guys whose mom's are both named Martha"?

You really need to watch The Cape, like now.  

Fish

Ivy - hopefully in her green shirt/dress with alternate head and arms/legs for old and young looks.

Victor Zasz

Firebug

Lucious Fox

17 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Silly sells. Animated adventure series aren't the draw they once were. 

Personally I prefer shows like Young Justice and Legend of Korra but Adventure Time and Steven Universe have their appeal as well.

I personally would be just as happy, if not more so, if they did young justice as a way to do DC. The look and feel of YJ makes it my favorite DC animated series ever (Superfriends was so great back when i was little, but tough to watch now). Cant wait for more news on season 3

My issue with getting DC through a cartoon license is that the character selection is limited. If we get Teen Titans, we can pretty much only get those characters. If we get Young Justice, the character selection is certainly better, but still very selective. I'm also not a huge fan of many of the designs.

I would be happy if we gat the broader DCAU license considering the amount of characters thrown into four season of Batman, three season of Superman, five (or four, depends on how you look at it) seasons of Justice League/Unlimited, and three seasons of Batman Beyond. 

If we get a YJ series, I can see us being left with a whole lot of Robins, Superboys, and Kid Flashes. 

24 minutes ago, Nervous Rex said:

I personally would be just as happy, if not more so, if they did young justice as a way to do DC. The look and feel of YJ makes it my favorite DC animated series ever (Superfriends was so great back when i was little, but tough to watch now). Cant wait for more news on season 3

I can't disagree with you. I liked the YJ designs just fine. Another season just means (hopefully) even more characters. If DST could secure that part of the DCU, I'd be tickled.

16 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Fish

Ivy - hopefully in her green shirt/dress with alternate head and arms/legs for old and young looks.

Victor Zasz

Firebug

Lucious Fox

Crap. I forgot about Fish and Zsasz. Those two with Lucius and Butch would be a great set. Jerome is a must have as well, both in Arkham stripes and a suit. We've got at least 2 more good box sets here, maybe three. I just hope they continue to sell well enough to justify making more.

YJ had a large amount of the DC universe in it, if DST can get the license for the new season and Seasons 1 & 2, they would have access to a wide variety of characters. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Young_Justice_(TV_series)

The animation style translates very well to minimate form.

SDC11509_zps377db724.jpg

SDC11510_zps4608240f.jpg

Maybe I was thinking only of designs I didn't care for at all. Like Bane and Parasite come to mind. Also wasn't too keen on the Ultra-Humanite they had. I'm a fan of the design with the huge brain barely in his head and they shrunk the poor guy's noodle. Characters like Psimon would be cool, though. 

• 4 weeks later...