UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

A Diamond Select Toys release! Gotham City is getting stranger, and so is the Gotham Minimates line! Based on the latest season of Gotham on Fox, this all-new box set of 2-inch Minimates mini-figures features Dr. Hugo Strange, Detective Harvey Bullock, Dr. Leslie Thompkins and the villainous Victor Fries (a.k.a. Mr. Freeze)! Each Minimate features up to 14 point of articulation, and fully interchangeable parts and accessories - Strange can change from his suit to his surgical gown, Fries includes his powerful freeze ray, and Bullock comes with coffee and donuts! Each figure also includes a clear display stand. Set comes packaged in a full-color blister card.

Check out the pic here. Looks good but I want to see Hugo's surgical gown.

Will Fries have a helmet?

Sorry, cart did not make it. We updated our pics a little while ago. Luke has the new one, not sure all of the sites did.

On 7/29/2016 at 3:20 PM, DSTZach said:

Not sure if this is the most recent thread, looks like a lot was lost, but Series 3 hits stores August 10.

Gotham_MM3-e1469819480437.jpgGothamMM3Pkg1.jpg

On 7/29/2016 at 3:20 PM, DSTZach said:

I finally got Series 3 and while the lack of the had cart is disappointing, it's still a pretty solid set. Any day I get to add to my DC Minimates collection is a good day. Sure, I'd love to have comic-based characters but I know I'd be asking for these, too, so it's all good for me.

One thing my shop owner pointed out when handing this set to me; The branding looks so much alike that it's hard to tell one release from the other. It doesn't help that Barnes is a head-swapped Alfred and that so many of the characters in Series 2 and 3 wear black. That'll change with Series 4 but I'd still recommend contacting WBCP to see if they'd allow Art Asylum to change the color of the background on the blister to help differentiate older product from new.

And just for posterity:

Diamond-Select-Toys-Gotham-Minimates-Ser

Holy crap! After seeing the first few releases and not really following the show much, I had stopped looking at what mates were coming out. But that Fries is epic. 

I really wish we could get DC movie/tv show mates. Some of the looks are very different, while some aren't far off from their comic book counterparts. I really miss the DC mates. Having Marvel and DC figures in the same scale is what really got me into collecting minimates. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After picking up a few extra sets on sale recently I'm putting together alternate looks for some of the characters. The first couple are a lab coat Nygma and nightclub owner Barbara. I know the recipe for Nygma but I'm trying to decide on a slinky dress body for Barbara. My first inclination is BSG red dress Six but that's a little too sexyI think. Any suggestions?

23 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

After picking up a few extra sets on sale recently I'm putting together alternate looks for some of the characters. The first couple are a lab coat Nygma and nightclub owner Barbara. I know the recipe for Nygma but I'm trying to decide on a slinky dress body for Barbara. My first inclination is BSG red dress Six but that's a little too sexyI think. Any suggestions?

fig0750flg.jpgfig1194f2lg.jpgfig2360f2lg.jpgfig2633flg.jpg

Not sure how flesh tones match up -- I almost suggested Sand Saref, then realized it wouldn't work.

Yeah Sand Saref would be perfect if not for the darker fleshtone. I like that Dana. Hadn't considered it. I'll need to get her some shoes though. Fancy dress Piggy would work but she's not quite as *ahem* "curvy" as Barbara. But I think it could work  I like the boa and necklace on Piggy.

Thanks for the suggestions Zach. Gotta go scour ebay for that Dana and Piggy and see which is cheaper.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger