UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it's considered foreshadowing if things actually happen, and plenty did. Sure, things were set in motion, and there was a change in several status quo's, but it's the first episode of the season. They're not going to wrap up plotlines now.

Probably a conversation for another thread, anyway.

Not sure it's considered foreshadowing if things actually happen, and plenty did. Sure, things were set in motion, and there was a change in several status quo's, but it's the first episode of the season. They're not going to wrap up plotlines now.

Probably a conversation for another thread, anyway.

The "problem" I have is that they're trying really hard to make you go "oh hey, that guy sure looks a lot like the Joker!". Nygma's descent and Selina's criminal steps are handled well, but Jerome and Bruce are more often than not, tedious to watch. Still, Cobblepot, Bullock and to a lesser extent Alfred and Gordon make it worth watching.

Nygma and Selina got two minutes of screen time each. Definitely far from tedious!

And I don't think they're foreshadowing anything with Jerome any more. If they're making him sound like someone, subtle or not, it's because that's who he is. Foreshadowing over!

Or is he? Interesting reading:

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/21/gothams-cameron-monaghan-says-the-joker-is-more-of-an-idea-than-/

Nygma and Selina got two minutes of screen time each. Definitely far from tedious!

And I don't think they're foreshadowing anything with Jerome any more. If they're making him sound like someone, subtle or not, it's because that's who he is. Foreshadowing over!

I was referring to the overall character arcs for Selina and Nygma (it didn't come out like that in my previous post though, that's true). I liked Bruce last season, he was calculating and "cold", as he should be, but during this episode he came across as too much of a "depressed Jimmy Neutron". Jerome's, well, "fun" to watch, but I just don't really like the Joker hints that much. Still, it's a good show (6-7.5 from me), it's just not Daredevil or Flash.

I enjoyed the episode. Two complaints: (1) I'm not totally on board with Jim's bad thing and (2) I don't completely understand the absolutely insane storyline that has been Barbara's. The whole thing has just been a bit too much for me. But she knows how to make an awesome prison dress, so she's got that going for her.

I'm getting a distinct Burton vibe from the show now, especially when it comes to the villains. It's getting silly. (Barbara in a striped dress is groan-worthy.)

Over-the-top is to be expected from certain characters but I'm afraid they've already taken it too far. They're literally undermining Bruce and Alfred. I'm not sure what kind of fumes escaped the cave but IQs have dropped over the course of that month.

The problem I have is that it's just not very good. It has nothing to do with Nolan's movies, I would be on board to see something that resembled Burton's movies, I think the problem is the concept and the execution are just off, you have to let go of so much of what you commonly think of as the Batman world to not get bogged down in all the changes, but the tone of the show seems to still be a work in progress and they've already had a year to figure it out. I don't ever feel like there is an endgame that they are building towards, I feel like they are trying to find something that will stick.

I feel the second season of Gotham got off to a good start but I do think the episode was too full of future Batman Villains and that maybe they should have focused more on one or two and not so many. I watched and liked what I saw, but all my wife did was ask where Fish Mooney was as she really liked that character. I admit I liked Fish as well but I think she is gone for awhile or at least until they need to resurrect her form the bottom of the Gotham River as maybe a more fishier villainess when the time comes.

I feel the second season of Gotham got off to a good start but I do think the episode was too full of future Batman Villains and that maybe they should have focused more on one or two and not so many. I watched and liked what I saw, but all my wife did was ask where Fish Mooney was as she really liked that character. I admit I liked Fish as well but I think she is gone for awhile or at least until they need to resurrect her form the bottom of the Gotham River as maybe a more fishier villainess when the time comes.

Bottom of the river eh?

And where do rivers lead? Sometimes to a swamp.

Anyone know her birthday? Maybe it was a Monday.

I wanted to like Gotham, I really did...I just found myself constantly looking at the clock whenever I tried to watch an episode. My girlfriend loved it but it just felt like a chore to get through the episodes for me.

I'm not quite sold on the Minimates yet. I might pick them up if they have some cool accessories.