UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

You want the truly SDCC exclusive stuff look to Lego.

My biggest regret is, last year, a friend asked if I wanted any exclusives that he would pick up for me. I was like "nah, there's nothing I really want that much." A few weeks later, my favorite movie ever came out. And now Rocket's Warbird & The Collector go for about $400 together. It would've cost me $35 had I told him to get them for me.

https://youtu.be/vFPl0CRDQik?t=22

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest regret is, last year, a friend asked if I wanted any exclusives that he would pick up for me. I was like "nah, there's nothing I really want that much." A few weeks later, my favorite movie ever came out. And now Rocket's Warbird & The Collector go for about $400 together. It would've cost me $35 had I told him to get them for me.

look for the bootleg versions, they are almost just as good, for a fraction of the price.

look for the bootleg versions, they are almost just as good, for a fraction of the price.

Bootlegs are a good call as over $10 for a lego minifigure is nuts. i also think they hold a lottery drawing for the ability to purchase the lego SDCC exclusives.

Bootlegs are a good call as over $10 for a lego minifigure is nuts. i also think they hold a lottery drawing for the ability to purchase the lego SDCC exclusives.

Yeah your buddy may have stood there for hours just to be told he was out of luck. All the Lego news sites last year had horror stories about how they did the giveaways.

Ugh. Why? "We don't want anyone to buy our products."

I eyeballed the bootlegs on eBay. Just trying to get money that isn't allotted for other things first. confused.gif

If we're not getting Bullock in the second box set then I guess that means we'll be seeing a third one. He's a main character and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't get made. Plus I need a few extras of Bullock to make customs *coughTerrierscough*.

You're talking Bullocks biggrin.png

About the only Lego figures I have is the SDCC 2008 Batman/Joker set post-638-0-22788300-1436893521_thumb.jpg

I was at that Con ....did I queue ? Did I hell .....I have my other methods devil.gif

Lovely little set but..... just generally ..... Lego doesn't do it for me .

>Yeah your buddy may have stood there for hours just to be told he was out of luck. All the Lego news sites last year had horror stories about how they did the giveaways.

Ugh. Why? "We don't want anyone to buy our products."

I eyeballed the bootlegs on eBay. Just trying to get money that isn't allotted for other things first. confused.gif

I ended up getting the collector in a set of 6 or 8 figures for less than five bucks. the rocket and outstanding bigfig groot were in another bundle for about the same. 90% of those auctions start at $0.09-$0.99

The only sdcc exclusives I have ever had trouble with was hasbro

I haven't bought anything from Hasbro from SDCC since 2011, because either they sell out in 5 minutes - even if you're online the minute they go on sale it can be a crap shoot - or they are just too damn expensive.

It's really no fun, and toys are supposed to be fun, right?

Just want to note that I'm not complaining about retailers selling exclusives across the country, just noting the oddness of it. I think it's definitely a good thing, and I hope it continues. Con exclusives hit a point a few years ago when they became more trouble then they are worth, so having other means of getting these is a very good thing.

The Lego ones are pretty nutty, though. I'd love to get that cool Superman Action Comics recreation set, but there's no way I'm paying that much for it. Even the $40 price was a bit high.

The one SDCC LEGO exclusive I got was the Phoenix minifigure a few years back. And I was only able to get it because the line was moving fast and I don't think any of us really knew what we were lining up for. Since then it's gone bananas. I too would like the Action Comics set. T_T

Yeah, I don't know why Lego doesn't want their fans to be able to have these. I can understand releasing them at SDCC first or for a discounted price, but if you aren't there, you either pay a ridiculous price or you never have them at all.

My phone's microphone initially changed the word ridiculous in "a ridiculous price" to "a dick you list price." Which I also think is pretty accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

post-10025-0-63427800-1439386291_thumb.j

I don't think this has been posted here yet, although it's been floating around for about a month. Definitely digging the Penguin and Selina. Bruce is a bit meh, the SDCC one looks better. Alfred looks nice too.

Edit: This set does look like its missing some accessories, though. Mainly Penguin's umbrella. It'd be nice if Bruce came with a book or something. Itd make me incredibly happy if he came with the early designs of what appears to be a Batcave that we saw in an early episode.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

Since the second season is only about a month away, I think its time to start speculating about the third Boxset (if there's going to be one).

Harvey Bullock: Donal Louge nailed this character. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get him in the first set in the place of Essen. She's a neat background character, sure, but she's no Harvey. In terms of accessories I'm hoping he'll come with two different hair pieces (hat on, hat off) and maybe the burger holding hand that came with Jules from Pulp Fiction.

Fish Mooney: Honestly, I really disliked her character at first but, like the show in general, got better. She probably had the most different outfits in the show, but I'd personally prefer her season finale look with the cool hair and different coloured eyes. She could come with a gun, maybe an alternative head and hairpiece in case you don't want the season finale look.

Red Hood: One of my favourite episodes was the Red Hood gang episode. I know there were five or six of them, but I'm only interested in getting one. Preferably the first guy to wear the hood since he had a neat looking trench coat. If DST wanted the could get real interesting with the accessories for this guy. Obviously a gun and unmasked head, but I think a duffle bag and wads of money would be amazing. Lots of custom potential, plus it really suits the character and any Gotham displays in general.

I'm a little bit stuck on the last choice. Ivy would be nice and would look nice on display among all the dark coloured outfits. Jerome the might be Joker could be cool. I hope to get a Falcone and Maronni at some point. Maybe an Electrocutioner. He could come with some cool accessories.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

I can't say that I have much interest in the show anymore, but I am very interested in knowing how these mates performed for DST. Have we heard anything about whether or not these were considered a success?

The only thing to go on is the SDCC set since neither of the box sets have been released yet. I think it'll do well enough to have the two already planned box sets released. I suppose it helps that the two Boxsets come out whilst the show is on.