UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they jumped on Gotham because of the other product categories they could offer, not just Minimates. I'm guessing even DC Collectibles has bigger fish to fry, including Arrow and The Flash. Either way, I'm buying any and all DC Minimates.

I'm pretty sure they jumped on Gotham because of the other product categories they could offer, not just Minimates. I'm guessing even DC Collectibles has bigger fish to fry, including Arrow and The Flash. Either way, I'm buying any and all DC Minimates.

Ba dum tssh.

Get it? fish?

No? Ok

Out of curiosity, Zach, what other products were offered for Desperately Seeking Susan? :P

I have been searching for the Select Madonna figure for years!

Edited by Onyx_6

Everybody knocks Desperately Seeking Susan, but they forget two things...

1. Chuck's wife is a big Madonna fan, so when he saw a chance to make a Madonna Minimate for her, he took it. That's just being a good husband.

2. This set was actually very successful, because it was picked up by Urban Outfitters. It also goes for a pretty penny on the secondary market.

And yes, we didn't get the license for Minimates first and foremost, but that's true with almost any license.

See also: Sony Playstation, Platoon, Rocky, Fistful of Dollars, Charm City Cakes, Grimm Fairy Tales, etc...

Chuck has said, and we have shown, that most Minimates we make are part of larger licenses. It is rare (even more so nowadays) that we would get a license just for Minimates, due to the high volume we'd have to move to pay the guarantee to the licensor. The profit on a specialty-only Minimates line is relatively small, simply due to the low price point and number we generally sell. A mass-market buyer or a higher-price-point item (or both) makes things a lot more feasible.

Aww ? I know how that feels, I've had mine stored for a while. My wife just helped me put up shelves today, I can't wait to display!

Lol, I think Ultimate did.

And then a friend of mine cosplayed AoA Dazzler, I think, and while she didn't smoke, she had a cigarette in a photoshoot she did with the costume.

I hate smoking (super unattractive, IMO), but I like it for the character for some reason.

And even if it isn't comic canon, I have my own canon with my toys anyway, so...