UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious to see these, but... I applaud Zach's enthusiasm. I watch only two shows religiously: The Walking Dead & Vikings. I was very caught up in Falling Skies, but they are playing with my patience. I also watched The Strain, but who knows with that one. The show may be incredibly awesome, but the characters need to have some kind of unique appeal to get folks to buy them, IMO.

I have no idea what the branding will look like on the packaging but hopefully it'll make these figures pop. The most visually interesting character from the first set will probably be Black Mask.

gotham108officearena11803hires2jpg-eb5f0

I'm hopeful that accessories for alternate looks will help make the others more appealing and encourage multiple purchases.

Otherwise:

c5fb67c0-9c4d-11e4-a13e-31ffd10cca62_fox

4199098-ben-mckenzie-interpretando-a-jim

goth_14-zabryna-publicity_1290-rc-photos

Yeah, it's gonna look bland on pegs. Future assortments might benefit from more colorful costumes but I'm reminded of how Burton's batfilms were pretty drab as well. At least he had Batman.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited to have DC characters back but this is going to be an uphill battle I'm afraid. Either way, I'm all in.

I'm actually super pumped for this line. Although suited characters are some what boring, it's the fact that we'll be getting some really cool characters in 'mate form. It's like Lost, I suppose- lots of civilian characters, but if you've watched Lost you'll be attached to the characters and suddenly they're not just boring civilian characters.

Based on the small pic we have, it looks like Black Mask was in his suit vest, so i would assume he'll have some alternate looks. I'm hoping Ed gets that slick pinstripe jacket in addition to his labcoat. Gordon i assume is just his blue suit. Essen is the only one that leaves me scratching my head. Neat background character sure, but i don't know if i needed her so early.

people are hating on this line so much it's unreal. we are getting DC mates finally and still people are't happy. this will sell. Gotham is huge. and will bring new customs in to minimates.

Yeah, but saying we are getting DC stuff does not mean we are getting the DC stuff most of us want. We are getting Nickelodeon stuff, too (TMNT & Spongebob), but that does not mean I would have been quite as happy if the Nickelodeon stuff was Dora the Explorer. I am very glad people want Gotham stuff because I want ALL new Minimate licenses to work, but its a stretch (IMO) to say "Yay, we are getting DC stuff again" at this point.

FYI and slightly off topic, I bought a sheet of postal stamps at the local little market/post office and was able to choose the stamps of my choice. They have an awesome sheet of Batman stamps through the ages, and four different round "Bat Signal" stamps. Pretty cool will try to post pics.

FYI and slightly off topic, I bought a sheet of postal stamps at the local little market/post office and was able to choose the stamps of my choice. They have an awesome sheet of Batman stamps through the ages, and four different round "Bat Signal" stamps. Pretty cool will try to post pics.

My dad bought me those to use for my wedding invitations, they are really cool.

I picked those up too! dont want to use them though.........