UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The X-Files

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Minimates surpass the PALz then there will be nobody more pleased than I .

PALz had their faults [e.g. I detest the style their hands ] but the X-Files line was IMHO almost perfect & I just can't see it being constructive comparing them to what we are about to receive from DST . That said the comparison is inevitable & if I appear to be 'lofty' then forgive me but I really wanted to say my piece ......early .

What I'll also say is that years ago there were initial plans for Art Asylum to partner with Palisades who had acquired the block-figure rights to Buffy .

Here's a couple of promotional pictures for the PALz lines ..........

post-638-0-99826300-1442563142_thumb.jpg

post-638-0-48213100-1442563159_thumb.jpg

............they were that good !

Everything about it holds up to me. The only thing about the old DVDs (which I still have) was that those crappy boxes would wear down on the inside and the flaps would get in the way so you couldn't slide the dvd case back in. Frustrating as heck.

I told my wife about X-files minimates, and she immediately started wishlisting. It's pretty likely I'll be but doubles of whatever is released.

I'm so excited for these. I may have to get another pack and make a Hank Moody.

Also, Buffy Minimates would be the greatest thing of all time, especially if they include Angel characters like Doyle and Fred.

I would be all over Buffy Minimates, every single one of them would be in my collection

I'm so excited for these. I may have to get another pack and make a Hank Moody.

Also, Buffy Minimates would be the greatest thing of all time, especially if they include Angel characters like Doyle and Fred.

I would be all over Buffy Minimates, every single one of them would be in my collection

Same. I also like your idea of bringing back the cast for a new show. Make it happen, Joss!

At this point I'd even take the scrapped Faith spin off. Eliza is still pretty young and doesn't seem to be up to much.

So the trailer is out and it looks excellent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1SmJUBT5q0

I didn't catch any shots of Mulder as he looks as a Minimate. I could have missed it but it seemed like he was bearded in street clothes and shaved in a suit. David hasn't aged too bad, hopefully there's a clean face to give him a classic look. A red hairpiece for Scully would probably pass pretty well too.

Just finished rewatching Season 1 on Netflix.

I would like to see DST do season based waves for the classic stuff, with dedicated boxsets focusing on the particularly important or popular episodes.

Wave 1/Season 1:

Mulder (suit) & Eugene Victor Tooms

Scully (suit) & Luther Lee Boggs

Deep Throat & Eve 9

Cigarette Smoking Man & Eve 10

E.B.E. Boxset:

- Mulder (variant)

- Frohike

- Byers

- Langly