UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

Wait you don't want a doomsday mate?

I would,but im not getting my hopes up for a character who may not be in the film. Im also not getting my hopes up for DC mates in general.

But if we did get DC mates, what would your reaction be?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't lie if we got DC mates I would:

1) Rearrange my pull list, adding a lot more DC titles.

2) Silently scream for about an hour.

3) Consider a part of my life completed.

I have this weird thing, where I can't like something unless I have memorabillia of it. I just feel uncomfortable reading, say, a Batman book when I know that I can't take my Batman mates out and display them.Before minimates I was more of a DC guy but now, I'm a Marvel Zombie. When we got Invincible mates I went ahead and read the first 30 issues or so. Then I got the set and never bothered with it again. When I got into 1/6 figs, which had both the DC and Marvel licenses, I went back to DC. It's weird and I can't stop it. If DC mates do make a comeback, well, I'll surely drift away from Marvel a bit, let me tell you that.

Everyone who is/wants to talk about the return of the prodigal son please go here ---> http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=13182

Ive learned a lot of things from this forum. One being,if you create a thread,dont shove it down peoples throats. Whoever is interested and wants to comment will check it out,other than that,be patient.

Everyone who is/wants to talk about the return of the prodigal son please go here ---> http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=13182

Ive learned a lot of things from this forum. One being,if you create a thread,dont shove it down peoples throats. Whoever is interested and wants to comment will check it out,other than that,be patient.

ok ok ok sheesh. i was trying to get back on topic. people who want to talk about DC, go there, people who want to get back on topic stay here. simple. as. that.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11175

There's no way it's DC.

Mattel just acquired MegaBloks last year and they just loooove to sell figures separately. If any licensee is looking for a way to market block figures, it's them. Lego already has the construction category locked up and the action figure niches are covered by a handful of licensees as it is.

Unless the keychain license frees up, I really don't see DC Minimates happening any time soon.

There's no way it's DC.

Mattel just acquired MegaBloks last year and they just loooove to sell figures separately. If any licensee is looking for a way to market block figures, it's them. Lego already has the construction category locked up and the action figure niches are covered by a handful of licensees as it is.

Unless the keychain license frees up, I really don't see DC Minimates happening any time soon.

why you gotta hate =(

There's no way it's DC.

why you gotta hate =(

dexter-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Reality check, it's not DC. The whole "DC is back" thing was funny and all, but it's time to get bak to speculating logically. Likely things to be:

1)Judge Dredd: DST has the license (they're making some replica badges) so I think this is very possible. Maybe an all aroound 2000ad license?

2)Spawn: Todd finally gave the comic to someone else and he did say that we'd see more Spawn toys in 2015. A longshot, but I don't see why not. Plus, the lin could go on on Spawn variations alone.

3)Metal Gear Solid: It could support a line and during the last MM AskDst, Chuck said that if ME sold well, they would look into it. I think the fact that it's not "never say never" or "it never came up" is worth sme discussion.

4)Mortal Kombat: Well known, new game, new comic, looooooots of material.

5)Nintendo: What would be more surprising that toys from the company who hates merchandising? The last year or two we've gotten a lot of Ninendo merch, and with the news of the Netflix Zelda series I could see this working. This would be a goldmine, able to go on for as long as Marvel.

6)Frozen: The doc has a point, Frozen is very possible. I'd buy an Elsa, but apart from that ugh, this would be dissapointing. If we are to get a Disney property I'd much rather get Big Hero 6.

Or hell, it could be something totally left field, like Resident Evil or Grand Theft Auto.

Edited by Kostisfire

i just got into metal gear 2 months ago if it was the new license i would lose it

I've only played Rising, Peace Walker and a bit of 4 so far, but I'm waiting for the school year to end (the final year is the hardest year, especially here) so that I can play ALL MG games (1-4, plus Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and Rising, I may pass Portable Ops) in preparation for Phantom Pain. MGS minimates would be a dream come true.