UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always hopeful DC will come to its senses and tap DST to do a proper line of Minimates based on the DCU (film, TV, comics, whatever). I'd need a second job, of course.

The new license will be Brady Bunch or something like that. Planet of the Apes would be great but it's more likely going to be Scooby-Doo.

I'm always hopeful DC will come to its senses and tap DST to do a proper line of Minimates based on the DCU (film, TV, comics, whatever). I'd need a second job, of course.

The new license will be Brady Bunch or something like that. Planet of the Apes would be great but it's more likely going to be Scooby-Doo.

Scooby-Doo mates?!?!!? Count Me the @&$! In!!!!

The Breaking Bad license would A. probably not include action figures, and B. probably not be picked up for sale at major retailers, so I don't see us pursuing it. But I watched the Better Call Saul premiere and liked it!

I am not a fan of Scooby Doo, but if it's good enough for Lego, why not!

DC has not been debunked yet....

tumblr_inline_nj3ql7kWOx1qarmrr.gif

Could...could it actually be true? Could the prodigal son be returning? I mean, what else could carry Select figures, plus a box-set and a 2-pack right off the bat? Or Zach could just like watching us get our hopes up, only to then have them crushing down... Who am I kidding, it's probably the latter, prepare for dissapointment folks.

Imagine having ALL Lantern Corps displayed in front of a space diorama drool.gif .

It is not nice to toy with one's emotions...

anigif_mobile-31860-1420824803-16.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Kostisfire

I mean, what else could carry Select figures, plus a box-set and a 2-pack right off the bat?

How can they make DC Selects though?

Mattel has such a hold on the license NECA couldn’t release their 7 inch Keaton Batman as anything but a freeium DVD add-on.

As to what else can support that much product: Frozen

Everyone’s making a ton of Frozen products these days why wouldn’t DST want a piece of that pie, especially when they have the NBX license already and it appeals to the same Hot Topics crowd.

-Selects: Elsa, Anna, Olaf... and like every other company who makes Elsa her nose will be wrong so I won’t buy her and be angry I’m again denied an Elsa and Loki (sh*t... is there a Select Loki?!) in matching scale.

-2-pack: Coronation Elsa and Anna (I’d say child Elsa and Anna, but that’s probably more likely in a 4-pack with their parents as series 2)

-Box Set: Elsa and Anna, Kristof, Hans, Snarf-style Olaf

I don't see DC Collectibles allowing DST to make Select figures unless they're the new, not-really-an-action-figure Star Trek Select variety.

(They really need to stop calling the Trek figures "Select" since they're totally breaking the precendent of Select figures that offer fully poseable figures.)

I mean, what else could carry Select figures, plus a box-set and a 2-pack right off the bat?

How can they make DC Selects though?

Mattel has such a hold on the license NECA couldnt release their 7 inch Keaton Batman as anything but a freeium DVD add-on.

Everyones making a ton of Frozen products these days why wouldnt DST want a piece of that pie, especially when they have the NBX license already and it appeals to the same Hot Topics crowd.

-Selects: Elsa, Anna, Olaf... and like every other company who makes Elsa her nose will be wrong so I wont buy her and be angry Im again denied an Elsa and Loki (sh*t... is there a Select Loki?!) in matching scale.

-2-pack: Coronation Elsa and Anna (Id say child Elsa and Anna, but thats probably more likely in a 4-pack with their parents as series 2)

ib0BVIPjpjHTY.gif

Don't shatter my dreams so early in the game man...Plus, didn't the Mattel thing go south though? Didn't these "collector plans" or whatever stop getting made? I don't keep up with them though, so I'm probably mistaken. But, would it be surprising if we actually did get DC? At this point everything points against it but what if? I'm grasping at straws here, aren't I?

As for Frozen, I don't know. Yeah, it could support a couple of box-sets but I don't see it continuing after that. I got the impression that it's an ongoing type of license, with waves and whatnot, not just a couple of box-sets and that's it.

But if it's something lame like Frozen I'll be dissapointed. I can't go from DC to Frozen. At least give me some Dredd or Image minimates. McFarlane did say that new Spawn stuff would hit in 2015.... I could get behind MGS as well.

Edited by Kostisfire

Everyone’s making a ton of Frozen products these days why wouldn’t DST want a piece of that pie, especially when they have the NBX license already and it appeals to the same Hot Topics crowd.

-Selects: Elsa, Anna, Olaf... and like every other company who makes Elsa her nose will be wrong so I won’t buy her and be angry I’m again denied an Elsa and Loki (sh*t... is there a Select Loki?!) in matching scale.

-2-pack: Coronation Elsa and Anna (I’d say child Elsa and Anna, but that’s probably more likely in a 4-pack with their parents as series 2)

It is not nice to toy with one's emotions...

anigif_mobile-31860-1420824803-16.gif