UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

I think DC 'mates were overly ambitious, there was SO much new tooling that had to make the budget go up. That was what I really liked about them, but considering how many other characters could have been made with less tooling in the beginning, I think maybe they should have spread out characters like Clayface and S.T.R.I.P.E. a little more. The costs going up mean you have to sell even more to keep it in the profit window you're looking for.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read through the last couple of pages of this thread about DCD (I have never bought any DC stuff outside of the Minimates)

An the postive A++thing I can say is that when DC mates where done they made the other lines catch up. For me if it wasnt for figures like Bane the Marvel stuff wouldnt have bulked up.

Look at the new Hulkbuster It is using the base body to put over sized pieces on an it lloks good I am starting to see MM's as the western kinda Kubricks. Hell if Funko can take over the world with vinal.thats good But whats better is that companies can see DST and minimates as a skelton figure to buildon. For me I'm loving whats coming out...I cant afford it but I love it

Sorry about spelling and grammer. beer beat me too it

In all fairness, the release wasn't supposed to happen the way it did. There were delays at the factory and the first three waves ended up shipping very late and very close together. I distinctly remember my wallet needing a breather.

I also think DCD's margin expectations were a little high. Brewer insisted sales were fine but given the higher retail price, it seems they were used to more profitable product. (Hence Blammoids, with three points of articulation and an even higher price point.) My LCS owner never offered DC Minimates at full retail, saying they wouldn't move at $2 more than Marvel.

They did have great accessories though (Green Arrow!) and I really appreciated larger figures like Grodd for larger characters.

Still so much potential but hopefully Gotham is a foot in the door...

In all fairness, the release wasn't supposed to happen the way it did. There were delays at the factory and the first three waves ended up shipping very late and very close together. I distinctly remember my wallet needing a breather.

I also think DCD's margin expectations were a little high. Brewer insisted sales were fine but given the higher retail price, it seems they were used to more profitable product. (Hence Blammoids, with three points of articulation and an even higher price point.) My LCS owner never offered DC Minimates at full retail, saying they wouldn't move at $2 more than Marvel.

They did have great accessories though (Green Arrow!) and I really appreciated larger figures like Grodd for larger characters.

And it is! Did anyone...ANYONE watch ShartimusPrime's interview with Zach? no? well he was listing the Dc things they were doing like banks, more busts, and.....(Quote) "other stuff" he was literally trying not to blurt out minimates!

And it is! Did anyone...ANYONE watch ShartimusPrime's interview with Zach? no? well he was listing the Dc things they were doing like banks, more busts, and.....(Quote) "other stuff" he was literally trying not to blurt out minimates!

No, I was just not bothering to list bottle openers and cookie jars, two things that I figured his viewership would not care about.

There are no DCAU or DC Comics or Classic Batman TV Minimates in the works that I know of.

No, I was just not bothering to list bottle openers and cookie jars, two things that I figured his viewership would not care about.

There are no DCAU or DC Comics or Classic Batman TV Minimates in the works that I know of.

Normally, I'd be really bummed but now? I'm getting a big-ass Alien Queen, Power Loader AND Blomkamp is directing a new Alien movie.

ryd2vn1yahptvfgt8lki.gif

Plus, Muppets! And concept Predators! I mean honestly, this TF was awesome! We didn't see any pics though, but still!

And that's terrible.

What kind of cookie jars are you working on? We're in the market for a cookie jar.

Did I miss anything? Why are we speculating about something that does not exist? What does MK and DC have to do with DST making cookie jars anyway?

Nothing we were talking about predator and I said that he would be in the new MK X as DLC so,.....put two and two together....lol but really, this POSSIBLY (probably not) enter a new MK line which could lead to JL vs MK mates then......well you know

Did I miss anything? Why are we speculating about something that does not exist? What does MK and DC have to do with DST making cookie jars anyway?

Nothing we were talking about predator and I said that he would be in the new MK X as DLC so,.....put two and two together....lol but really, this POSSIBLY (probably not) enter a new MK line which could lead to JL vs MK mates then......well you know

None of that makes sense gmonkey. Thats like saying we are getting dc mates because they crossed over with marvel in the 90s.

None of that makes sense gmonkey. Thats like saying we are getting dc mates because they crossed over with marvel in the 90s.

Yeah, Brobot is right. By that logic, we're getting Star Wars because Marvel is making the new comics, and Disney Comics due to Muppets.