UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

Spongebob and patrick are going to have variants, Normans have a krang and alternate krang chest, casey jones has 3 ways to display his head, lots of cool new accessories for the turtles, extra heads makes them a must for display options. I swear I see a pizza and a pizza box too!

A stack of pizza boxes I do believe & alternate "mozz cheese" head for when he was under Pizza Face's control.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg can wave 60 just get here already?? I'm so excited for Banshee, Jubilee, Forge, the Brotherhood and the customs i get to make! But... Is Banshee rocking Dazzler's old hair piece? and i know it's just a head swap, but I wish the would have had the alternate looks on display as well.

I also cannot wait for that new Apocalypse. he looks fantastic. all the other mates in that set look great as well, but ol Poccy takes the cake.

I imagine the Nick Fury that was dropped from the blinbags wil no doubt show up in the Hulkbuster wave some where

I very much hope that he doesn't. I don't want to put new collectors out, but so far we've had 2 movie Nick Fury's, both all dressed in black. Plus an Ultimate Nick Fury, who looks very similar.

I think DST made the right choice getting rid of him. There's a few of him out there (insert life model decoy joke) and he's not very visually interesting.

That Banshee is plastic perfection!!

His hair is spot-on, isn't it? Is that new sculpt? Because it's just dishy.

There is a fourth AoU S2 two-pack, as well as an exclusive TRU 2-pack. Top secret. Not Nick Fury, although he will show up elsewhere.

Predator blind bags include some Predators shared with the two-packs, but also exclusive Predators, Predators cast members and a Predator fire team member. Sorry if that puts anyone off.

No Godzilla or Pathfinder at the show.

Even if they are available through Diamond, it's still a pretty big turn off. I'm getting a case of the AoU blind bag assortment, but I wasn't planning on going that big on Predator, just one of each. It'll likely be none of each of I won't know what I'm getting. Blind bags are a bs gimmick.

Edited by Turtle

As for the Muppets, I guess we'll probably see minimates or selects next year

I bet there's bust, bottle openers, and statues but no minimates

I guess we'll see. Maybe Disney is testing the waters. First Peter Pan, now Nightmare, tomorrow probably Muppets, and next, who knows? Maybe we're in for some Karl Barks Ducks mates in a short while. Maybe? Please.....

Carl with a C, but yeah, that would be awesome.

Zach, I have some questions for you when you have a spare moment.

Love the Spongebob 'mates! The packaging is beautiful too. Where are Glove World Spongebob & Patrick going to be released?

No new Valiant 'mates on display? I thought the second 2-pack might be shown?

Any plans for more Plants vs Zombies Minimates?

Despite my love for the brand, I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by the various offerings for Age of Ultron, any chance we could see a final character list/quantity for the AoU Blind Bags to start planning ahead financially? Maybe a checklist featuring all of the product with the various outlets?

Do the Tarantino/Sin City boxsets on display represent the end of those lines, or is there still more in development?

I'm very impressed with the new TMNT stuff. The alternate heads, the new weapons and awesome accessories (ICE CREAM KITTY!!!!!) are going to make me rebuy all of the Turtles and not complain at all about it.

My only complaint is with Kraang. They wear black suits with white pinstripes, not pure blue suits.

So...what's the deal with Predator? They're only going to be available through blind bags which might not even be for sale in stores?

toynewsi gallery is up

lots of cool new pics

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=396&itemid=24251

edit - so its not bebop, its the human him. No godzilla, nbxm, or aou pics in the gallery.

Also no new mates except what maybe a zombie Jay and Silent Bob

Does anyone recognize what the heads are with zombie Jay and Silent Bob? Comic book men alternative heads?

toynewsi gallery is up

lots of cool new pics

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=396&itemid=24251

edit - so its not bebop, its the human him. No godzilla, nbxm, or aou pics in the gallery.

Also no new mates except what maybe a zombie Jay and Silent Bob

Does anyone recognize what the heads are with zombie Jay and Silent Bob? Comic book men alternative heads?

Maybe

Predator will be in blind bags and two-packs at comic shops and specialty stores. I believe there will also be two-packs at TRU.

Glove World set is either Spongebob Series 2 or an exclusive. We'll see.

Not sure if Valiant set was ready. Also unsure of where it will be available.

Not sure about new PVZ.

I'll see about an AoU checklist. Need to ask about embargoes before revealing the blind bags and a lot of Series 2. There will be six different figures in the blind bag assortment, including Strucker, but you may want multiples of a few of them.

That might be the last of the Miramax sets.

They're Zombie Comic Book Men heads.

Gotham was a bit dissapointing and I'd have liked to have seen more stuff, but everything shown/teased has been great. Except from Predator blind bags. Which brings me to the second part: I think I'm getting priced out at this point. The euro and dollar are almost even now, taxes and shipping are going up and DST is focusing on Blind Bags more and more. Hell, I currently need around 40 euro for a regular marvel wave, 30 for a 4-pack and around 60 to get all 8 figs from a case. So I have no idea how I'll be able to afford Predator, Aliens, Mass Effect, Nightmare and Marvel with the odd box-set here and there.

Plus, there's my comic sub which ranges from 40-80 euro every month and the 1/6 figs I have on PO, which at this point already puts me in around 100 euro each month in expenses, and I don't really have a job yet, being a student and all. A few years back we had only Marvel and a couple of things here and there, and now look at all these licenses. A good time for minimates, a baaaad time for international customers.

Predator will be in blind bags and two-packs at comic shops and specialty stores. I believe there will also be two-packs at TRU.

Sounds like a fair mix of easy to obtain, and ones that we'll have to work for. No K-Mart exclusives is music to my ears, though.