UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

Some Predator should be there.

Not sure we'll show the exclusives for TMNT Series 2, since they're already sold -- this is primarily a retailer show.

I haven't seen anything for Godzilla 3, so possibly not.

Maybe the next Valiant, not sure.

BUT there will be a new license at the show, may have the first box set and an SDCC 2-pack on display. We'll see.

ADVENTURE TIME CONFIRMED!

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planet of the Apes

And Toy Fair is this coming weekend: Feb 14-16/17? I traded weekends with someone for working so Thai will be the first year since I started collecting Minimates that I will not be working on Toy Fair weekend. Probably means less time viewing the new stuff....?

Really hoping for DC mates. Just think green lantern will all the retool weapons in transparent green plastic...ohh.........

Swear to God, I had a dream the other day that you guys announced the return of DC Minimates.

Hellpop, if there was ever a time for your Premonitions to be correct, now would be it.

What Minimates were they releasing for DC!?!? Hellpop!?

You know, I think that DC eturning is a very big possibillity. The DC Direct guys are gone and it's quite obvious that DC is willing to take more risks (see Suicide Squad) and in general has started to wise up. All their other block fig lines have failed and minimates have been getting more and more exposure. Hell, DST has Walking Dead, Marvel, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alien, Predator, Godzilla etc. It's not like minimates are this really small toy line with figures from 3 licenses or so.

If DC did return though, it would be really bad for my wallet, let me tell you that. Honestly, with the recent comic book announcements I'm in a big DC mood, so that'd be the icing on the cake. Imagine having ALL Lantern Corps displayed in front of a space diorama drool.gif . And now watch as Zach drops by in a few hours or a day or two, to say "It's not DC" and crush all of our dreams and hopes. It's a cruel world after all.....

PS: I had a similar dream last year. I was at Comic-Con and pasing by the DST booth. Then, I saw a glass case which was covered with a grey sheet. No one was there so I lifted it up and there it was. A giant Watchtower diorama filled with DC minimates and vehicles, like the Batmobile. Ahh, if only it were true...

Edited by Kostisfire

You know, I think that DC eturning is a very big possibillity. The DC Direct guys are gone and it's quite obvious that DC is willing to take more risks (see Suicide Squad) and in general has started to wise up. All their other block fig lines have failed and minimates have been getting more and more exposure. Hell, DST has Walking Dead, Marvel, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alien, Predator, Godzilla etc. It's not like minimates are this really small toy line with figures from 3 licenses or so.

If DC did return though, it would be really bad for my wallet, let me tell you that. Honestly, with the recent comic book announcements I'm in a big DC mood, so that'd be the icing on the cake. Imagine having ALL Lantern Corps displayed in front of a space diorama :drool: . And now watch as Zach drops by in a few hours or a day or two, to say "It's not DC" and crush all of our dreams and hopes. It's a cruel world after all.....

PS: I had a similar dream last year. I was at Comic-Con and pasing by the DST booth. Then, I saw a glass case which was covered with a grey sheet. No one was there so I lifted it up and there it was. A giant Watchtower diorama filled with DC minimates and vehicles, like the Batmobile. Ahh, if only it were true...

Everything was fine before you said that last thing :'(

DC has a lot of toy lines in the works not to mention a strong standing with Lego, more so than Marvel because of the Warner Brothers involvement with the Lego Movie

Starwars is more likely than ever with the comic rights being held by Marvel (or rented to Marvel? however Disney does that) but would still be a massive undertaking and require a pretty substantial contract me thinks.

Nightmare has been announced so Im not sure that Zach would consider that to be a new license, but I could be wrong.

my Guess is still prObably game of Thrones, i tHink thAt they'd Make great minimates

Edited by undeadpool

Not Cthulhu, not Adventure Time.

Hellpop, sometimes dreams mean things. Was I in this dream?

I'll be patient. I waited for a zola mate, I waited for a modok mate, I waited For a kang mate.

If cthulhu can wait for the stars to be right, I guess I can wait for his minimate. But seriously what's the hold up? How many banks do I have to order to get this ball rolling faster?

BUT there will be a new license at the show, may have the first box set and an SDCC 2-pack on display. We'll see.

Star Wars...Star Wars...Star Wars...Star Wars....Star Wars....

Please Zach...

Actually, this is the most logical choice. The movie is coming out in December and the comics have just began hitting stores. Add the fact that they're Marvel comics and it's quite likely. Plus, Disney is stepping into Minimate waters currently (NBC)...

Edited by Kostisfire