UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

I have to admit that i'm very disappointed in the "First Appearance" TMNT set. This is basically just a repaint set, where to truly get the look and body structure of the original Turtles, new sculpts would be required. I like that they reused the Nightcrawler feet, but new sculpted hands would be required to hold the weapons so instead we get plain Minimate hands. I think sculpted turtle shell chest blocks could give them a skinnier look instead of the slipcover shells. I was kinda hoping the "no sculpted heads" rule only applied the current cartoon versions.

TMNT_Tortues_Ninja_Pages_2-3_comics_Mira

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I like the idea of First Appearance Turtles, but reusing so many parts throws the look off a lot. And I still can't get over the heads.

I haven't been getting too worked up over the new license but I'll be pretty disappointed if it is '66 Batman. I still remember as a kid how excited I was to hear that there was a live action Batman show and then the crushing disappointment when I actually saw it. To someone raised on late '80s Batman comics, '89 Batman, and BTAS it was just unwatchable.

I always enjoyed the 66 reruns and the movie growing up. It was campy fun.

I watched the TV 'Specials' recently and boy were they bad! It did give us a few more DC characters though, like Green Lanter, Sinestro, Flash, and others I do not recall.

Yeah, being exposed to Batman '66 before any other onscreen Batman, other than Superfriends, means that for me, those versions are immediately recognizable classics. Although i wouldn't have any interest in collecting a realistic Batman '66 toy line, minimates would be pretty amazing. Classic rogues gallery.

That FA Turtle set is actually... disappointing. I try to support any comic-based line, but these just don't work for me. The feet and hands look really off with all of the clunkiness of the shells and elbow and knee pads. Sometimes sculpted parts can make a minimate, but here it seems to hurt the look. With the animated turtles looking so amazing, these are especially disappointing.

The Turtles look fine to me even though sculpted heads would probably make a huge improvement. I'm in for a set. Maybe Moviemates are around the corner.

And Batman '66 was my show growing up. I watched it religiously wearing a cape. When I was in college I caught an episode again and it was groan-inducing. I felt embarrassed that it didn't hold up to the nostalgia I felt for it.

Years later I watched the movie and managed to gain a new appreciation for it. I've added the Hot Wheels Batmobile and Batcycle to my collection but have passed on Mattel's figures. If DST managed to offer Minimates someday, I'd buy them all.

Let's just hope that there are some other stuff on display from Marvel and the other licenses, because that was a major turn off. I kinda like the show, but apart from Bullock, Gordon and Penguin nothing else really stands out. They took a bunch of Batman villains, re-worked them, changed them a ton and inserted them as easter eggs so that the show could have some purpose. I'll buy them because I want DC comics mates down the road but dammit, I'd have prefered Arrow/Flash. At least I hope they come with some nifty accessories like TBBT, Pulp Fiction, etc...

Edited by Kostisfire

I would have taken Constantine over Gotham

But I guess this is our Monkey's Paw. Demand DC mates, and you get what you ask for.

However, out of all the DC shows, Gotham is the one performing the best (despite being the weakest). Arrow and Flash do the best on their network, but the CW isn't one of the big 3 networks anyway (its NBC tier at best lol)

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh man, this is amazing... Not the Gotham minimates, but how soul crushingly disappointing the reveal is!

It's barely DC, it's got Selects because DCC must not have wanted to make figures despite going to town on arrow/flash, and to top it off we were shown all this DCAU merch and told "nopes! No minimates!" (Just like last year with Batman 66)

I'm just laughing at how amazing this is, between just how crushing this is and the Monster High reveals I'm having the best ToyFare EVER