UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

While it's not likely to happen I'd kill for a Kenner Predator and Alien wave.

Nightstorm Predator (black with gold Egyptian style armor) vs Night Cougar Alien

Spiked Tail Predator vs Gorilla Alien

Stalker Predator (glowing) vs Bull Alien

Lava Planet Predator vs Mantis Alien

Barring that possibility I'd still want to get Nightstorm Predator and Night Cougar Alien even if it meant buying two separate blind bag assortments because they were one per case figures.

For the Godzilla ending protests I'm adding my votes for Modern Godzilla and Kiryu (Mecha Godzilla 3).

What I'm really finding hard to believe is that the news of Muppet minimates hasn't gotten more attention.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm really finding hard to believe is that the news of Muppet minimates hasn't gotten more attention.

Wait, we ARE getting Muppets minimates?

If what I've been seeing is correct both Select and minimate Muppets were shown but no pictures allowed.

Rumor has it minimates include Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Robin, Scooter, Camilla, Gonzo, Chef, Bunsen & Beaker, with variants as well.

No way we're getting King Kong, but I'd love one more box set of Godzilla figures.

I mean... Toho's Kong was technically a separate character. Could happen.

Nope. Sadly it's all tangled up in legal rights and has been for years. Rankin-Bass let Toho use Kong, but once they lost the rights, things got sticky. Toho can't even use their Kong, so it won't happen. Hell, Toho can't even use Mechani-Kong!

Which is a shame really.

No way we're getting King Kong, but I'd love one more box set of Godzilla figures.

I mean... Toho's Kong was technically a separate character. Could happen.

Nope. Sadly it's all tangled up in legal rights and has been for years. Rankin-Bass let Toho use Kong, but once they lost the rights, things got sticky. Toho can't even use their Kong, so it won't happen. Hell, Toho can't even use Mechani-Kong!

Which is a shame really.

Damn. Well it would leave room to put in a Black and White Godzilla.

If what I've been seeing is correct both Select and minimate Muppets were shown but no pictures allowed.

Rumor has it minimates include Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Robin, Scooter, Camilla, Gonzo, Chef, Bunsen & Beaker, with variants as well.

I've heard NOTHING about this anywhere. Where are you seeing this? I WANT to believe, but not until I have something solid to go on

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/410239-toy-fair-a-look-at-diamond-selects-2015-line-up#/slide/3

Aaaaand there it is! Zach? ZACH!? Is this true! ?

Thermal Dutch would make more sense than Thermal Predator, IMO, but I'm sure the latter would still look cool. Gonna have to get that Billy.

You say that like we're not making a Thermal Dutch. Of course we're making a Thermal Dutch. But in a video game, somewhere, a Predator looked at another Predator and there was Thermal Predator, and it was good. This may be the first figure of it.

I'm picturing packaging that reads "Thermal Selfie Predator." biggrin.png

Palisades set the bar pretty high when it comes to The Muppets. Unless they want to get into the ridiculously detailed playset category, I don't see AA holding a candle to that line.

And while I love The Muppets, it's just not a property I collect. Happy for those who do, though. After seeing how they adapted The Nightmare Before Christmas, Muppets Minimates should be a real treat.

Now we just need DC Universe Classics to come back.

Do you not count DC Icons?

Nope! We have no idea how the scale will differ, and I don't know how well the aesthetics will match up. But we also got all these characters from Mattel already, so until and unless they get deep into the classic DC roster, this new line won't compliment DCUC much at all.

DC Icons seems to be DCC getting back to its DC Direct 6-inch (IE - 1/12 scale) roots. Hell, I remember when Georg Brewer claimed in an interview that he'd invented the scale. "One inch equals one foot! It's so easy!" Yeah, but you still couldn't get it right, could ya, Georg?

DC Icons seems to be DCC getting back to its DC Direct 6-inch (IE - 1/12 scale) roots. Hell, I remember when Georg Brewer claimed in an interview that he'd invented the scale. "One inch equals one foot! It's so easy!" Yeah, but you still couldn't get it right, could ya, Georg?

The man can't even spell "George". Give him a break.

The man can't even spell "George". Give him a break.

Maybe his parents couldn't afford the extraneous E.

My favorite rallying cry regarding a consistent scale was for all the members of the DC Direct message board to send rulers addressed to Georg. Never happened but it would have been cool.

If I had seen any confirmation of this I would be flipping out! Where is it where is it?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/410239-toy-fair-a-look-at-diamond-selects-2015-line-up#/slide/3

The next to last sentence.

DCC has made some really cool stuff and has more stuff coming up, but I'm not going to get onboard with them unless they make a real effort to make figures that have quality sculpts, scale, articulation and quality control. It's like they just can't do all four. I've picked up a few Batman: TAS figures but I'm not sure I want to keep them after hearing all the breakage issues.

Thanks, as for brewer, hes the jerkoff that said dc mates sold well but he wanted to try something else. Then the blammoids came out...

They sold great considering they pratically flooded the market and were $2 more per pack than the competition.

liz-lemon-eye-roll-o.gif

(I don't know what they were thinking.)