UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

Even if they are available through Diamond, it's still a pretty big turn off. I'm getting a case of the AoU blind bag assortment, but I wasn't planning on going that big on Predator, just one of each. It'll likely be none of each of I won't know what I'm getting. Blind bags are a bs gimmick.

And a tired gimmick at that. At $5 plus, I'd rather not piss my money away on a "maybe".

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of us know what the line-up will be .

Will you share this information in a spoiler box for those who don't know what it will be?

I just had a horrible realization....what if these are production samples and Wolverine is shipping with a female chest block?

Then Banshee/Storm pack sales will really fly off the shelves...

I think many of us know what the line-up will be .

I have no 'special' info & no real hard evidence ......& I'll just be setting myself up if I'm wrong ....... I'm basing my supposition that 'I know' , on how I perceive the Avengers Trilogy will end .

Cryptic much? Sorry that's the best I'll do ....& yes it's lame.

I didn't have time to read every post, so I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure Wolverine has breasts here: Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Marvel-017.jpg

I just had a horrible realization....what if these are production samples and Wolverine is shipping with a female chest block?
Maybe Jubilee has Wolverine's torso and there's been a mix-up?

Edit- Nope. Guess not...

post-10025-0-37818100-1424212945_thumb.j

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

It was a mistake. I do not think he is packaged like that.

I think the blind bag Predator Minimates will be to cool to resist. Thermal Predator, Billy, Danny Trejo... Whoever you get, he'll be awesome.

Godzilla sets are up on the air. Heavy tooling, specialty-only sales... Not a great combination.

Packaged like that or not I only wanted the wave for Forge/Banshee/Jubilee’s hair/the villains, so Wolverine’s getting that body in my own personal collection.

I think the blind bag Predator Minimates will be to cool to resist. Thermal Predator, Billy, Danny Trejo... Whoever you get, he'll be awesome.

Why is there a thousand versions of Fry yelling “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY” but not one of Zoidberg screaming “I’LL TAKE EIGHT!!!"

Godzilla sets are up on the air. Heavy tooling, specialty-only sales... Not a great combination.

Oh well at least I got my King Ghidora... oh wait

As much as I dislike "blind-bags" (I'm sure the mindset was: ultimate hunt for the ultimate huntersrolleyes.gif ), if it gets us more 'mates that wouldn't fit into the two-packs then I'll take it. However, did you mean to say cloaked Predator instead of "thermal"? Unless he's looking at himself in a mirror, I can't imagine why he'd be in thermal-vision! Now Dutch or anyone else...bring-it! While it's still "pending approval", can you at least describe how the Predators will be assembled (removable armor or painted, sculpted mandibles or tampo, etc.)? I can't stand the wait, let alone the suspense of what these might look like!

As for Godzilla, I can understand the dilemma, but we really need at least one more set (I know, we always say "just one more") with Ghidorah and Rodan or it will seem so tragically incomplete!

Edited by cdubya

Nooooooooooo!

Oh don't say that Zach. One more set. One more set to get out the big damn monsters that are absolute must-haves. Ghidorah, Rodan, Angurius, and King Kong. Finish it strong.

Predator strikes me as a bit of an odd choice for blind bags, since blind bags are good for attracting kids but loathed by collectors, and Predator's not exactly a kid-friendly property. I guess these are replacing the army dumps, which is too bad.

It would be a shame if Godzilla is ending. Great sets. But I am not 100% surprised. Now that's a property I think might do well in blind bags.

Finally, NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS! THEY LOOK AMAZING! Best Minimates since Thundercats. Between these and Funko's Rocketeer, it's like the toy companies are finally catering to me and me alone. Now we just need DC Universe Classics to come back.

Hope you had a good weekend Zach. I know these things can be grueling, but you do a great job representing your products. Get some rest!

Thermal Dutch would make more sense than Thermal Predator, IMO, but I'm sure the latter would still look cool. Gonna have to get that Billy.

You say that like we're not making a Thermal Dutch. Of course we're making a Thermal Dutch. But in a video game, somewhere, a Predator looked at another Predator and there was Thermal Predator, and it was good. This may be the first figure of it.

Predator strikes me as a bit of an odd choice for blind bags, since blind bags are good for attracting kids but loathed by collectors, and Predator's not exactly a kid-friendly property. I guess these are replacing the army dumps, which is too bad.

1. Kids love Predator.

2. Blind bags is something retailers have asked for, and while yes, I know the reason why they do, and why collectors do not like it, it doesn't change the fact that it cuts down on pegwarmers (dumpwarmers?) and collectors seem to buy them regardless. If the blind bags and two-packs come out at the same time, we'll see definitively which is better. And I think the diverse but uniformly awesome variety of Predators lends itself well to the blind-bag format.

when will the wave 63 minimates be solicited?

Tomorrow.

Thermal Dutch would make more sense than Thermal Predator, IMO, but I'm sure the latter would still look cool. Gonna have to get that Billy.

You say that like we're not making a Thermal Dutch. Of course we're making a Thermal Dutch. But in a video game, somewhere, a Predator looked at another Predator and there was Thermal Predator, and it was good. This may be the first figure of it.

Well that's good news! Put me down for 1 of each.

p.s. Looks like those tiny retro toys that are everywhere now beat you guys to the punch on that Thermal Predator:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNKO-TRU-EXCLUSIVE-PREDATOR-THERMAL-VISION-REACTION-FIGURE-VHTF-/271775943509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f471bcb55

Edited by MisterMiracle

I know you can't tell us much Zach, but this Top-Secret Wave 63 AOU two-pack, I assume it won't be revealed in the solicitation, but is there a timeframe when the top-secret status is lifted, or is it after the movie is released?

Thermal Predator does look good. I've asked before but never got a reply, are the "Concept Predators" made by Kenner that have been adapted by Neca in the works as well? Thanks!

Edited by Valo487

I've asked before but never got a reply, are the "Concept Predators" made by Kenner that have been adapted by Neca in the works as well? Thanks!

Also... Kenner Aliens?!?! (pair them with the Kenner Predators, if you’re allowed, and that would make an amazing Blind Bag assortment. I’d say I’d take eight, but again, I can’t find that as a Macro.)

It seems like you're going deep with the Predator license. It'll be a PITA to get the Blind Bag exclusives, but the more Preds, the better. As for Godzilla, nooooooo! I need a modern looking Godzilla! And Ghidorah. And Rodan. And Violante. And....you get the idea. Oh and TNBC looks great as well! Oogie Boogie looks a bit weird and the Elves are too tall, but everything else is perfect! And now, the waiting and gathering cash game begins...