UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Predator blind bag news has me nervous, please let it be Predator variants and not the cast of the first movie!

I don't buy many lines outside of mainstream superhero stuff, so movie and tv lines are a hard sell for me. I jumped fully into Kill Bill because I knew I was going to be able to get all of the main characters without jumping through hoops via comic shop assortments. If I can do the same with Predator, I'd jump in. A neat cast of characters that would make a nice little set on the shelf. I have no interest in searching through blind bags to complete a movie set and would just drop it instead.

Already chuffed that a villain (Strucker) is part of an upcoming blind bag set, f that. The only reason I have Avengers movie figs is because I ran into a set of Chitauri for cheap. Thought they were cool and decided to pick up the Avengers team to have a neat little battle dio. Will add SW and Quicksilver to it, along with A Ultron, as in one. Apparently I'll be skipping Strucker and the pessimist in me is already going "See... why did you even bother? Stick to the comic stuff."

The Ant-Man box set sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of that at a later date.

No interest in Gotham, I've never seen an episode of it or Arrow or Flash. Just not my cup of tea but cool for those that are into it. I usually don't comment on such stuff, but regarding the ratings discussion that was going on above, if DST can't make their point/argument without stooping to personal insults, then perhaps they shouldn't comment at all. If a poster fires first, game on, but a company rep taking the first shot always reflects poorly on the company. My two cents.

So... the AOU-2 minimates that are shown literally can't be all there is to that wave. There's only enough for 2 two packs there: Vision/Hydra and Hulk/Hulkbuster. Is Thor/Cap and Iron Man/Widow getting reissued in that wave or is there something Zach isn't showing even to the retailers?

And on a Not-Minimates note, the Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo toys look goddamn amazing and I'm sorely tempted to get so many of them that I can build a little Smash Bros somewhere in my house.

The Nightmare Before Christmas figures turned out much better than I was expecting. I'm suprised how well they translate into Minimate form!

So... the AOU-2 minimates that are shown literally can't be all there is to that wave. There's only enough for 2 two packs there: Vision/Hydra and Hulk/Hulkbuster. Is Thor/Cap and Iron Man/Widow getting reissued in that wave or is there something Zach isn't showing even to the retailers?

And on a Not-Minimates note, the Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo toys look goddamn amazing and I'm sorely tempted to get so many of them that I can build a little Smash Bros somewhere in my house.

I'm guessing the second Vision will be a variant, so there's enough for three two packs. Hulk/Hulkbuster, Vision/Hydra (x2).

Question for Zach (or anyone really) about the Jack doll. Is DST the US partner to Japan's Jun Planning? I ask because the Jack doll on display in the pics looks exactly like my Jack from JP that was released early 2000s. (JP released several numbered variations in different-colored coffins & facial expressions.)

We still haven't seen Iron Man MK45...and my money's on another Ultron variation.

Isn't Mk. 45 Hulkbuster?

What about 44? The suit we've seen already is 43, right? Surely Hulkbuster is 44?

We still haven't seen Iron Man MK45...and my money's on another Ultron variation.

If it is another Ultron, I'd think it would be broken one (Mark 1?) from the start of the trailer. Or I'd like to see a movie Bruce Banner. However, I don't see why either of those characters couldn't be shown at a toy fair. There might be some characters yet to be revealed that are being made into Minimates, like Andy Serkis' character.

Can anyone tell what the difference is in those Visions? They appear to be the same color, but possibly the one closer the Hydra troop is translucent?

They look great!

Random thoughts:

Still no interest in collecting the Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates myself but, damn, did Art Asylum do a great job of adapting those character designs. Well done! Clapping%20Hands.gif

"Deluxe Alien Minimates?" It's about time. (Saving my nickels...)

AOU Minimates look pretty much the way I expected. I still wish DST was willing and able to offer larger figures for large characters because that Hulkbuster and Ultron look wee.

Predator blind bags. I'm hoping that's Predators blind bags. Have I mentioned I hate blind bags?

General internet pet peeve: Yes, people. You can compare things. For example, when Zach said, "Gotham and Thief of Thieves are in no way comparable. Gotham is the number 2 new show on TV this year. Thief of Thieves is a comic book. And Wolverine was carried by TRU." Ironically, THAT'S comparing them. Doesn't mean they're equal but it doesn't mean they're opposite. That's why we compare things.