UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

DC related?

Is it Vertigo stuff? Like Fables and... umm... Fables? lol

Or CW-verse

Fables would be kick-ass! So many characters to choose from and so many great designs. I'd also love some Hellblazer mates, but apart from Constantine who else could you make?

I'd actually love some Watchmen mates as well. Not Vertigo, but not "main DC" either. With the MinuteMen, the Pre-Watchmen costumes and whatnot, this'd make for an awesome line.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not consider Vertigo mainstream, except (debatably) Constantine, who has a TV show. But then, he is also now in the Justice League (Dark).

My comment about "probably not blind bags" was meant to indicate that it would not lend itself to blind bags, and we currently have none planned. So looking for licenses that could have blind bags is not doing you any favors.

I'm sure I'm building it up to let people down, but I'm still plenty excited about it.

I would not consider Vertigo mainstream, except (debatably) Constantine, who has a TV show. But then, he is also now in the Justice League (Dark).

My comment about "probably not blind bags" was meant to indicate that it would not lend itself to blind bags, and we currently have none planned. So looking for licenses that could have blind bags is not doing you any favors.

I'm sure I'm building it up to let people down, but I'm still plenty excited about it.

Oooh, dang it. Well, at least I hope it's something interesting. So, when should we except the announcement for what the license is?

Edited by Kostisfire

I would not consider Vertigo mainstream, except (debatably) Constantine, who (debatably) has a TV show.

FIXED!

(he does until Friday did until today, but now...)

edit: WHOOPS! Thought the last episode was NEXT week, sorry Costantine, better luck in the DelToro movie!

Edited by dr baghead

I really, REALLY hope it's not 66. It's the only thing I probably wouldn't buy from everything that's been mentioned. Nostalgia is fine and all, but to a person who has never seen the show or has any particular attachment to it, they are just middle aged men in derpy low-budget costumes and silly spandex.

I really, REALLY hope it's not 66. It's the only thing I probably wouldn't buy from everything that's been mentioned. Nostalgia is fine and all, but to a person who has never seen the show or has any particular attachment to it, they are just middle aged men in derpy low-budget costumes and silly spandex.

this ^ unless down the line the batmoblie would be released

they are just middle aged men in derpy low-budget costumes and silly spandex.

First: yeah, that’s why it’s so amazing

Second: you do know when converted to minimate form they’ll be pretty much identical to what Silver Age Comic versions of the characters would look like as minimates right?

they are just middle aged men in derpy low-budget costumes and silly spandex.

First: yeah, that’s why it’s so amazing

Second: you do know when converted to minimate form they’ll be pretty much identical to what Silver Age Comic versions of the characters would look like as minimates right?

I'm no SA fan either. If it could give us other characters besides Batman and a few of his buddies then maybe it'd be down for it, but as of now, 66 is something that I simply am not interested in, and I hope that it's not the new license.

Beautifully honest Kostis ! As much as I loved the original show I struggle watching more than a few minutes of it now. I'd still love to see the 'mates however.

Beautifully honest Kostis ! As much as I loved the original show I struggle watching more than a few minutes of it now. I'd still love to see the 'mates however.

I appreciate it for what it was as well, but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch the series. The old Looney Tunes cartoons still hold up, the old Merie Melodies ones still hold up as well, but 66 simply does not. It's stuck in another time and just can't escape it. If I'm being honest, I'll buy them if they come out, just because they're DC and may lead to comic DC, but I just can't see myself being excited over them.

Diggin the Mirage style TMNT. Although all 4 turtles in one set probably means nothing more from the classic comics. ?

Still confused on the it's not-DC but DC related.

66 Batman fits the upcoming releases Zach mentioned but does having a current comic book (which no one reads) make it an active license? I guess it's enough technically.