UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to take the time to say, this thread is g*ddamn amazing... I’m actually going to sad when we find out what it because crazy ass guesses and watching people sleuthing is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than waiting 6 months for announced product to his my BBTS Loot Pile.

OH!!! How about God Of War?!

-Active: Another game is rumored to be in development, and Kratos is always showing up as a guest character somewhere (maybe in new MK even? Was he invited back?)

-Sort of DC: DC put out a comic a while ago

-Big Announcement: Kratos is pretty much Sony’s mascot

-Selects: DCC tried to do GoW3 figures but failed, NECA has said they had issues with working with Sony so didn’t want to try again... seems like the rights could be open

-Blind bags: sell the box set figures in bags at Gamestop

-ComicCon 2-pack: Olive skin Kratos, His wife who’s name escapes me, Snarf-style Calliope

-Box Sets: Different costumed Kratos anchors each set, paired with a different major God, two monsters

did I just guess it?!

tumblr_m13y5hQmI81rq35r9o1_500.gif

buyfordollar.jpg

DC anything would be great. The original 'Mates are so good they feel like they could have been released yesterday.

My first guess would be Supernatural, which is both a popular television series and a former DC comic series. The Winchester brothers would be promptly teamed up with Michonne to fight walkers.

Orange is the New Black would be another interesting Walking Dead mash-up. All those orange prison suits.

There are lots of interesting license ideas out there. House of Cards. The Blacklist. Gotham. Constantine. Even stuff like Bones.

I'd also say Parks & Rec just for Aubrey Plaza, Nick Offerman, and Rob Lowe 'Mates.

I think the only two things I wouldn't be exited for at all would be American Horror Story and Two and a Half Men.

But still putting my imaginary bet on Supernatural.

I don't understand the Mattel theories here...

Mattel was making Keaton Batman at the 4 inch scale, so it makes SOME sense that they put the kibosh on a larger scale Keaton figure. I don't see why Mattel would give two shits about Selects. If Mezco can make a six inch DKR Batman, then Select can make a 7inch DoJ figure.

I'm not thinking so much about Mattel as I am DCC. Their product and DST's Select figures are very similar. Why would they put such a directly competing figure out on the market. But I suppose that's basically what Marvel did when they allowed DST to make action figures when they were still "owned" by Toy Biz.

I don't understand the Mattel theories here...

Mattel was making Keaton Batman at the 4 inch scale, so it makes SOME sense that they put the kibosh on a larger scale Keaton figure. I don't see why Mattel would give two shits about Selects. If Mezco can make a six inch DKR Batman, then Select can make a 7inch DoJ figure.

So wait... NECA’s 7inch Keaton bothered Mattel so much they got it blocked (but not their 18 inch Keaton the sculpt is scaled down from) because they planned to release a 4 inch Keaton, but you think DST can release 7 inch BvS:DoJ figures? Mattel is without a doubt going to release 4 inch BvS:DoJ figures (and they will be TERRIBLE) so whatever logic you want to use to block NECA’s Keaton is going to block DST’s Batffleck

As for Mezco, I’m sure their license is for a clothe goods figure like a Mego (notice they aren’t making Marvel or any of the horror licenses NECA is covering) sometime licenses are divided weirdly like that, like how minimates are “2 inch collectables” because Hasbro has the rights to “2 inch action figures”, so it’s possible after their colossal failure Mattel gave up the DC Mego license (since they want the DC license for DC movie money, and they aren’t going to make BvS:DoJ Megos) and Mezco bought it up, or maybe DC created a new sub-license of “6 inch clothe goods action figures” for them to differentiate from Mattel’s “6 inch plastic action figures”

who knows, point is Selects are closer to NECA then to Mezco and Mattel would block them too (and if they couldn’t block them, NECA would probably have grabbed the license since they’ve got a working relationship with making DC movie sculpts already)

ign posted this..... "It's time to thank Rao -- Supergirl is getting a statue from Diamond Select Toys. Officially called the Superman TAS Femme Fatales Supergirl PVC Statue, the sculpture marks the Diamond line's first foray into the DC Universe." http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/first-look-at-diamond-select-toys-supergirl-statue?abthid=54dcce7374b7d2ea2800000a "DST is finally entering the world of the DC Animated Universe!"

so does that mean we're getting DC animated universe minimates?

Edited by AceSimba

ign posted this..... "It's time to thank Rao -- [/size]Supergirl is getting a statue from [/size]Diamond Select Toys. Officially called the Superman TAS Femme Fatales Supergirl PVC Statue, the sculpture marks the Diamond line's first foray into the DC Universe." [/size]http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/first-look-at-diamond-select-toys-supergirl-statue?abthid=54dcce7374b7d2ea2800000a "DST is finally entering the world of the DC Animated Universe!"

so does that mean we're getting DC animated universe stuff?

DCAU Minimates!!!

Well, it locked. DC MINIMATES ARE BACK B!¥%#*]%es!