UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/1/2018 at 12:16 AM, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Where's this hair from? I like it a lot more than the official hair. I know Goliath comes with a similar hair piece but it's orange, not yellow.

It looks like Hela hair.  I personally went a slightly different route with my Jessica Jones hair because I agree it doesn't look like Jess.

cause

16 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I just got extra Mass Effect sets in on clearance for the Husk builders, too! Stole that idea. 

While I was in my TWD bin grabbing that scarf, I opted for a spare Andrea ponytail for Trish.

Oh! I hadn’t thought of that for Trish! May be a much better match. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

From the latest AskDST "Right now, we have no plans for more Netflix MM but that could certainly change." 

I wonder if they could actually have product ready for Disney plus ready at launch?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the phrasing all but screams that Disney pulled them from Netflix for their own streaming purposes.

the only thing about this development is that all prior seasons are remaining on Netflix. It reminds me of a quote from Loeb about the idea that ‘The Defenders’ don’t necessarily need to be the 4 characters we’ve seen up to this point. The team can adapt and evolve their roster just like in the comics...

I wouldn’t be surprised to see these shows migrate to Disney+ with a soft reboot of sorts

Edited by Donny B
Added the link

Personally I'd like to see Iron Fist get another season somewhere to resolve the teaser from the end of the season, I want some live action Orson Randall.

This makes the cancellations of the other shows look better because there's no way there was an issue with Daredevil's ratings in Season 3. It has to be Disney taking their toys home. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

That's fine. I have Hulu. ?

It'll be interesting to see where Disney puts these kinds of shows. The MCU is PG-13 but it's not like they have nudity or F-bombs even though it's allowed by the MPAA. The Netflix series definitely fall into the R/mature audiences category.

I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, Marvel has its own streaming service like DC Universe.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, MisterPL said:

That's fine. I have Hulu. ?

It'll be interesting to see where Disney puts these kinds of shows. The MCU is PG-13 but it's not like they have nudity or F-bombs even though it's allowed by the MPAA. The Netflix series definitely fall into the R/mature audiences category.

I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, Marvel has its own streaming service like DC Universe.

They have the eco system. Marvel Unlimited is an amazing comics platform. They have enough content and own 66% of Hulu now in addition to Disney+ so it wouldn’t be too hard a stretch to buy out NBC and just have Hulu morph into it.

Comcast owns NBC & Universal, and fought tooth & nail for them, so I don't see them going anytime soon. Disney could afford it, but I doubt they'd offer, as it'd have to be high. And sometimes it's not about money, but power, and resisting even an astronomical bid makes these corporate dudes feel superior.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, TENIME_art said:

Comcast owns NBC & Universal, and fought tooth & nail for them, so I don't see them going anytime soon. Disney could afford it, but I doubt they'd offer, as it'd have to be high. And sometimes it's not about money, but power, and resisting even an astronomical bid makes these corporate dudes feel superior.

And the thing we all forgot... contracts... Variety is reporting there is a 2 year "resting" clause. Marvel Netflix shows was said to include a clause preventing the characters of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones from showing up in “any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation.” Disney+, despite being owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company, the parent company of Marvel Television, does not appear to be exempt from the contract.

Well, it was fun whilst it lasted. Unless Marvel want to pay to get out of it these versions may not be back.

12 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

It's possible then that Netflix cancelled them to be b****es, the same way Fox was when they chose to make Fant4stic. Further delay the rights.

If Netflix really wanted to "delay the rights" out of spite, they wouldn't have canceled these shows. They'd have held on to them for as long as possible without producing any new episodes. 

But their relationship with Disney is nothing like Fox's was with Marvel. There's no reason for Netflix to delay the inevitable. On the off chance that Disney+ doesn't work out, it's best not to burn that bridge.

• 3 weeks later...