UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

9 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Considering Hero Deadpool and Mascot-Pool all had extra torsos with arms, hands & head, they could've just included the torso and the "iron first", plus the extra feet. This set is light on acessories, especially compared with JJ, so it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch. As for the pants, eh, black pants aren't hard to come by. Netflix Daredevil had an extra chest block, head, tie and coat. The JJ set had an extra set of arms for every character. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to make "Fighting Rand" an alternate outfit of "Suited Rand".

Accessories are not shown. And if Matt and Danny share a shirt, how can they get lunch together? Think, McFly.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

How are these kitbashed Danny Rands?

Yes, it's the first time we've had two of the same character in a Netflix set. But as stack said, for screen accuracy, close enough may not work for the licensor.

Well, because both Rands look like something I could put together in 5 seconds by using spare parts from my bin. I'm not privy to the BTS stuff, so it may be a case of Marvel not revealing too much info, or you guys planning a second IF box-set, but compared to the other Marvel Netflix shows, it ommits lots of the key players. Madame Gao, Hogarth, any of the Meechums, Steel Serpent, Bride of Nine Spiders, all these are in the show (the villain may not go by SS, but he's in there, and you can see BoNS in that cage fight), yet we're getting two Rands, none of which are in the costume. Compare that with the DD or JJ sets which gave us almost all major players, and you can see how it can be a bit dissapointing for a longtime collector.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Accessories are not shown. And if Matt and Danny share a shirt, how can they get lunch together? Think, McFly.

Fair enough then. I thought that since it was such a barebones release, Shirtless Rand could just be an alternate look for Suited Rand, given the amount of acessories the other NF sets had. 

Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait until more info is released. 

Sorry people are disappointed. I'm happy we're getting to all the Netflix shows we are, but hey.

A second IF set is of course possible down the road, but I think this is only the second time we've worked on a set before the show has come out, so we work with the reference we have. 

10 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry people are disappointed. I'm happy we're getting to all the Netflix shows we are, but hey.

A second IF set is of course possible down the road, but I think this is only the second time we've worked on a set before the show has come out, so we work with the reference we have. 

Yeah, I figured it was a case of not having info from Marvel. It's just a tad dissapointing, since MCU flicks/shows rarely get second chances. The boat on NF Ben Urich has sailed, for example. No biggie, and the extras could make it all worth it, but the other NF sets just set the bar too high. For me anyway.

I didn't get as excited as I did when I saw the first Netflix sets, but I'm happy with the face illustration.  My hopes are that the fourth character will be an antagonist, characters will have alternate looks, come with an array of accessories, and be offered at a big retailer for a decent price point.  If the pack hits all these marks I'll be happy with the expansion of characters.

I also have to believe that Diamond will offer little nods to the show with accessories they can't show off yet.  Much like they did with Foggy's man purse or Kilgrave's bare feet. I can't wait to see the show to theorize.   

On the subject of the show, I wish they weren't using steel serpent or bride of nine spiders yet. They could make an entire season out of the immortal iron fist story line with the 7 cities converging every 77 years and a grand tournament. They probably won't do that though. I'm sure after this season and defenders Luke and Rand will start heroes for hire 

It's a bit of a bummer that we're not getting a proper Iron Fist, but that's pretty consistent for Marvel on Netflix.  That is one habit I would be glad to see them break, where it takes an entire season for a character to look like they are supposed to look. The quality of the shows is still awesome, but it's becoming an annoying trope instead of a payoff. 

I'm a huge fan of costumes getting their own origins. Most really need to be explained. I hate it when Peter Parker – a kid who's already a brilliant scientist, budding photojournalist, and decent illustrator – suddenly goes from wearing a spray-painted hoodie to a Hollywood-level outfit with textured fabric and sculpted webbing.

10 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

Saw someone on insta post the daredevil set.  So it's out .

anyone know if a date was set on the daredevil select ? And if it's going to be a Disney store exclusive? 

I don't think the Select DD is gonna be exclusive, they've never shown exclusives first at a toy show, they are shown online first. Come to think of it, I don't think they ever show exclusives at toy shows