UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

I checked with my local TRU manager and it doesn't look like the JJ set is in the distribution center at all, at least for the Midwest. The DD set only appears to be in Green Bay, Rockford and Gurnee, no other Wisconsin stores and not available online.

At least the manager said he would see if the Gurnee manager would bring a set up with him this week for me to purchase! Top notch customer service at TRU 6033!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On December 19, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Onyx_6 said:

I checked with my local TRU manager and it doesn't look like the JJ set is in the distribution center at all, at least for the Midwest. The DD set only appears to be in Green Bay, Rockford and Gurnee, no other Wisconsin stores and not available online.

At least the manager said he would see if the Gurnee manager would bring a set up with him this week for me to purchase! Top notch customer service at TRU 6033!

I ended up making the short trip down to Gurnee earlier this month when they had the 30% off marvel sale.  Minimates and White Castle!   Had to get the JJ set on toys r us' website when they had a free shipping deal.

in other local TRU news, two women set stuffed animals on fire to steal stuff at the Brookfield store...   http://fox6now.com/2016/12/22/toys-r-us-fire-in-brookfield-believed-to-be-arson-police-searching-for-2-female-suspects/

Edited by JeffBohn

52 minutes ago, JeffBohn said:

I ended up making the short trip down to Gurnee earlier this month when they had the 30% off marvel sale.  Minimates and White Castle!   Had to get the JJ set on toys r us' website when they had a free shipping deal.

in other local TRU news, two women set stuffed animals on fire to steal stuff at the Brookfield store...   http://fox6now.com/2016/12/22/toys-r-us-fire-in-brookfield-believed-to-be-arson-police-searching-for-2-female-suspects/

The comments on that article are worrying...

5 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

Yeah. The Madison manager told me about the fire. He had pictures from the Brookfield manager of the shelves and floors post fire before the clean up. They got the fire contained relatively quick, but the smoke damage and soot damaged a lot of merchandise. I am going to check it out in person today.

EDIT: It still looks pretty empty in the store. The Kawaii cubes I was hoping to get where all lost in the fire. They did appear to have a whole case of JJ on the pegs, though.

Edited by Onyx_6
Update after visit

I got the DD and JJ sets as Christmas gifts for myself, so I just opened them recently. Thoughts:

-S1 Daredevil is everything I wanted him to be. It's great that DST included Matt Murdock parts, instead of taking up another slot. I sacrificed Gotham's Black Mask so I could display them both at once.

-By design, Foggy isn't quite as interesting as some of the other characters. He's still an excellent representation of an important character from the show, though. Maybe some jacketless arms would have made him a bit more dynamic, but that's a minor quibble.

-Claire's a pretty essential character, basically the Coulson of the Netflix shows, so it's good she got a slot so early. Personally I would have preferred to see the scrubs look, but it's a nice touch that she has the disguise as an alternate look.

-Kingpin is very well done, especially with regards to his face design. I was worried the waist riser would make him too tall, but it looks fine.

-Jessica is a perfect likeness of the on-screen character. I love that DST included so many accessories.

-Trish is in more or less the same situation as Foggy, but she's helped by the inclusion of jacketless arms (like every minimate in this set), and the "It's Patsy" TV. Unfortunately, my TV's design was applied upside down. It's still a great inclusion.

-Luke is a good representation of his character, but I can't help but wish we'd gotten Simpson instead, since Luke's going to be released again in his own box set.

-Kilgrave is probably my favourite of all of these. He's just an excellent minimate, from the alternate screaming head to the picture of Jessica. His only potential issue is that is chest tampo is next to impossible to make out, but that doesn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone provide a list or photo of what accesoriess came with the DD and JJ boxsets, just got my order from luke and i'm sure there's something missing but want to make sure before I do anything else

8 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Well I can't say i expect his full on green spandex but hopefully at some point he'll be wearing a green gi of sorts, perhaps with a yellow collar.

Yeah, I'd guess a green gi with yellow trim will be his finale/Defenders look.

In terms of minimates, we likely wouldn't get that design until the Defenders box set(s)/wave.