UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

Because that's what he wears. I can't think of another superhero related form of media where the costume was treated as incidental the way this one seems to be. And there's also something to be said for branding, I show my coworkers pictures of the suit and they don't know who it is.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for them building up to it. That's what they usually do in the movies as well. But the fact that we've seen no sign of it whatsoever has me very nervous that the season is going to end with him putting it on for the first time, and it might be years before we get season two.

Why would it take years to do 13 more episodes? I know the plan is to have these four shows dovetail into a Defenders series but that doesn't mean they won't order more episodes (especially if this is a hit) or that DD won't show up in other shows before then.

The President of Netflix has said that the next series is Jessica Drew, instead of Daredevil Season Two, they're looking at each individual series as following the others one per year, ending with The Defenders. Now, if Daredevil is a huge success, they might move faster on it, but as far as I know now, Daredevil won't get a second season for three-four years.

God, that trailer. Always loved Daredevil, even the Affleck version, but THAT is perfect. That's the exact reason i prefer Marvel's military and street heroes to the high-fantasy stuff. Never thought Detective Goren could pull off Wilson Fisk so good, but he nails it. So excited for this to finally come out.

Regarding the suit, it's accurate to Miller's reinterpretation. I'd love to get to the red before the end, but one of my favorite DD stories is Sale's "Yellow," so that should tell you about how much the suit is a priority for me.

he wouldn't be Daredevil without it

I love comic costumes, and wish more film- and tv-makers *cough*X-Men*cough* would use them. But he's not the character without a specific suit? Is Hawkeye not Hawkeye since he wears a funky red and black vest? No, he's not Hawkeye because he's a generic special ops. guy instead of the classic 616 Hawkeye. But if his personality and experiences had been more appropriate, would the suit be a deal-breaker? No.

I agree that the suit isn't everything, but he also doesn't even resemble the character he's playing in the black suit. As I've said before, guys I work with who don't follow comics see that picture and don't know who it is, I have to explain it to them. And also, I don't think there's any real great story significance between this outfit and the classic red suit. This is not Spiderman switching from red to black and all of the implications that entails. I think holding off on the reveal is a mistake. I have no doubt whatsoever that the series will be great, but I don't see what purpose it serves to hold it off for this long. The very first Iron Man film went through multiple versions of the suit, but they never hid the final look from the fans.

Can the guys you work with read? tongue.png

The name of the show is clearly "Daredevil." They even used the comic book logo, just in case that helps. Either way, people shouldn't be watching this show just because it's Daredevil. They should be watching it because it's good. If it is, people like us will drive viewers to it by word of mouth.

So far the only people I know of griping about this outfit are "fans" who know damned well what this show is but insist on picking it apart anyway. Given the amount of crap these "fans" gave the previous live-action Daredevil outing, the last thing the studio probably wants to do is remind people of that flick by showing a guy in a red suit with horns. (Let's face it; one of the things that movie got right was the suit, but it's still likely to bring back a foul aftertaste.)

As for the story, every hero refines their look. It's part of the origin process and one I personally enjoy. I'm currently on my sixth episode of a show called "Better Call Saul" and so far Saul has shown up for maybe 30 seconds. I love it!

I agree that the suit isn't everything, but he also doesn't even resemble the character he's playing in the black suit. As I've said before, guys I work with who don't follow comics see that picture and don't know who it is, I have to explain it to them.

This is the case for Hawkeye, as well. Not that I would expect random co-worker to know who Daredevil was, even if he was in his classic comic suit.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe my hype is combining with my love for the character, but as it stands now I would totally buy a wave of Daredevil TV mates. I would always rather get comic ones, but this seems to be his best shot I would think.

Dread Pirate Devil/Foggy

Badass looking Red Suit/Karen

Big Daddy D'Onofrio's Kingpin/Claire Temple

Matt Murdock/The Owl or Stick

Edited by Valo487

I heard a rumor that Daredevil may appear in Cap3, so maybe we'll get his MCU minimate there if AoS and the Netflix series are not on the DST radar.

I'm guessing people are assuming the Netflix characters will have to appear in the Civil War film, as otherwise you would have a hard time finding enough superheros to make the Superhuman Registration conflict make much sense.

5 episodes into Daredevil, hoping to finish this weekend.

We NEED Minimates from this series!

- Matt Murdoch & Foggy Nelson (alternate Wesley parts)

- Ben Urich & Karen Page (alternate Vanessa parts)

- Daredevil (black) & Night Nurse

- Daredevil (red) & Wilson Fisk

Edited by youbastards