UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever wanted a shorter season, better episodes for some of them? Yes. Daredevil 1 & 2, as well as Jessica Jones was top notch and I dig every episode. Sure Iron Fist dragged and Diamondback was hammy but I still want 13 episodes. It feels like a cop out to me to cut the series because they can't write enough good material for 13 episodes. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard or too much to ask if that's your job. I'm sure any one of us on this site would be more than up for that challenge and have no gripes at all about writing 13 episodes a season for a job. 

Keep in mind these ensemble casts get more expensive as time goes by, particularly when you bring them all together for a project like The Defenders. One of the ways to keep things more profitable is to keep the season shorter, especially if there's a pricey VFX budget to consider.

How do they produce the ambient light? I was trying to figure out where they could hide a wireless LED or something, but couldn't. I love behind the scenes stuff. I wish these came out on bluray (I know s1 of DD is, but does it have any special features? and that still doesn't solve the rest).

25 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

How do they produce the ambient light? I was trying to figure out where they could hide a wireless LED or something, but couldn't. I love behind the scenes stuff. I wish these came out on bluray (I know s1 of DD is, but does it have any special features? and that still doesn't solve the rest).

Season 2 and Jones have come out too. But not a single special feature to be found. 

Just give the scruffy puppy boy this mask already, maybe then I can finally start taking him seriously as Iron Fist. So far, not even his reminding us verbally he's the Iron Fist 10 times an episode is making me believe it.

15 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

It's like he's trying to convince himself he's The Iron Fist.

:ditto::ClappingHands::exactly:

Right. He is. Because he's still learning how to be it. I haven't started Defenders yet, but the last I left him, he could only light one hand up. It's an origin story.

I'm perfectly fine with how they've handled it. I would not want an Arrow style origin with a thousand flashbacks.

18 hours ago, MisterPL said:

photo-classic-costume-cameo-in-iron-fist

It looks like lighted bracelets that are digitally removed, at least in this scene.

That part had me giddy. I loved it. Mask, both hands, a sneak peek as to what he'll become.

19 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Season 2 and Jones have come out too. But not a single special feature to be found. 

Ugh.

When they do IF season 2, they need to hire the fight choreographers from The Defenders. Finally made me believe Danny IS the Iron Fist. When the Wu song dropped, I almost woke my kids, I fanboyed so hard. It was great to have JJ back too. Looking forward to S2. And maybe, maybe Marvel will give us Heroes for Hire?!? PLEASE!

54 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

A combined Luke Cage & Iron Fist show would be so much better than a season two of either.

Rumor, and this is just rumor, has it that the three Defenders not named Matt will be crossing over between their 2 seasons.  The scruffy puppy boy did look more comfortable with his fight work in Defenders, so it's good to hear he's training further. Of course, putting a mask on him would make it easier to hide the actor's lack of fighting experience.

• 3 weeks later...