UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd hope that DST held off on at least Daredevil for an extra season or two. I don't think I'd be interested in a wave or box with civilians and a black costume DD. Maybe down the road we can get some familiar faces and maybe costumes in the show and then get some 'mates.

That's what concerns me about the show, from what I hear Daredevil season two is not next year, Jessica Jones is next year, Daredevil season two won't happen until after the Defenders is finished. I don't really like the idea of waiting four years for season two.

That's what concerns me about the show, from what I hear Daredevil season two is not next year, Jessica Jones is next year, Daredevil season two won't happen until after the Defenders is finished. I don't really like the idea of waiting four years for season two.

have they said it's only gonna be 1 Netflix show per-year? i was sort of under the impression that we will get Daredevil for Spring and then AKA Jessica Jones in time for Fall or Winter, sort of copying the MCU's movie slate of two shows per year and then building towards Defenders.

uh we already have a thread for the Netflix Defenders

also Marvel claims Jessica Jones will also release this year

I expect Marvel has plans for more characters to give the Defenders treatment after the first four

The Daredevil show is part 1 of Marvels Defenders Netflix deal.

They signed on four series

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Ironfist, all uniting in a four part special titled the Defenders

He wasn't. None of them were (aside from Iron Fist for a little while when Fraction was writing). Of the actual Defenders, Dr Strange is getting a movie, Hulk's tied up with the Avengers, Surfer's with Fox, and Namor's in an uncertain place legally. That really just leaves Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Valkyrie, who, while cool, aren't the most bankable names. Marvel's just using the name to do another team up in the vein of Avengers. Though, the Patsy Walker casting indicates that we might at least see some of the Defenders here and there. (Come to think of it, Nighthawk did start as a Daredevil villain...)

Edited by Glantern

damn, since when was daredevil part of the defenders, it's been a while since i read marvel comics.

Daredevil in Defenders

Luke Cage in Defenders

...call it a loose association. And as mentioned above, Surfer and Namor are off the table legally for the time being. This manifestation of Defenders seems more like a Marvel Knights-y take.

I think it would be preferable to focus on genuine outcasts, including Hulk and Strange, as the Defenders. But hey, so long as we're getting DD and Iron Fist together I don't really care what they call it.

• 4 weeks later...