UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

1. It has five dedicated skus. There was exactly one new character in Defenders that was not in the preceding shows. And previous sets have not been the strongest performers.

2. This is just first 24 hours, not overall viewership.

3. NONE of the other Marvel shows are on here, which seems to indicate that they consider DD, JJ, LC, IF as seasons of the Defenders, at least if it allows them to hype four other Netflix shows on this list. So that means ONE of those six seasons ranked this high, and the others fell somewhere below that. 

4. I tend to trust the Variety story posted perviously by PL, which shows Defenders was the LEAST watched show of the six in the first 30 days, not sure about the first 24 hours. 

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-marvel-the-defenders-least-viewed-series-debut-1202564402/

Edited by DSTZach

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

1. It has five dedicated skus. There was exactly one new character in Defenders that was not in the preceding shows. And previous sets have not been the strongest performers.

2. This is just first 24 hours, not overall viewership.

3. NONE of the other Marvel shows are on here, which seems to indicate that they consider DD, JJ, LC, IF as seasons of the Defenders, at least if it allows them to hype four other Netflix shows on this list. So that means ONE of those six seasons ranked this high, and the others fell somewhere below that. 

4. I tend to trust the Variety story posted perviously by PL, which shows Defenders was the LEAST watched show of the six in the first 30 days, not sure about the first 24 hours. 

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-marvel-the-defenders-least-viewed-series-debut-1202564402/

Buuuuuuut... is Punisher gonna get a set? Maybe even a con two pack with him and Jigsaw?

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

heh.gif

Netflix considers them all one show, based on the list you shared.  We have made all four Defenders, some of them twice, in multiple box sets. We probably made more Defenders cast members than most movie assortments.

While there were characters in Defenders that did not get figures in the other five sets (the Fingers) they are not any more toyetic than they were the first time around. Even if we had opted NOT to simply make a set with the four Defenders, who all look more or less the same, we wouldn't have made five evil civilians and an updated Elektra.

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure! Hopefully!

I'm not surprised there hasn't been an announcement of this anyway since Netflix can't seem to tell us when they're dropping it. I wonder if it'll just appear one day and be a total surprise. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope. Not that I saw. Granted, my TRU did not carry either of the first two. The one by my grandmother had/has tons of JJ, but only 3 stores in the region got Daredevil.

3 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I wonder if Walgreens would be interested in Netflix sets. They seem to be enjoying some success with Marvel Minimates.

I don't know. Is there anyone left from the shows that is desirable enough to warrant an exclusive? I'd like to see the line fleshed out more but I don't know that it has enough legs to go to an exclusive model. If it had been a shared line from the beginning, like the Thor sets, then absolutely. But this far along I don't know that the interest would be there.

• 1 month later...