UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he comes with two normal hands. I swapped out one of the hands at Toy Fair without thinking about which hand, and they did not change it back for the photo.

BUT to be fair, in the comics he can charge both fists, and I have not finished the Netflix series. If he can only charge one fist, that seems like a tactical error.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Yes, he comes with two normal hands. I swapped out one of the hands at Toy Fair without thinking about which hand, and they did not change it back for the photo.

BUT to be fair, in the comics he can charge both fists, and I have not finished the Netflix series. If he can only charge one fist, that seems like a tactical error.

There are a number of "tactical errors" in the Netflix series...

On 3/29/2017 at 2:14 PM, Roccothegreat said:

it was still fun lol. better than the second half of cage for sure 

My biggest gripe is that they missed so many opportunities. The meachum storyline was soooo bloated and could have been handled in half the time. The really interesting stuff regarding the Sensei and their relationship to the Hand was over in about two episodes. 

Agree with Cage. I thought Cottonmouth was a far superior and nuanced villain to Diamondback, who was very flat IMO. 

49 minutes ago, Padrino said:

My biggest gripe is that they missed so many opportunities. The meachum storyline was soooo bloated and could have been handled in half the time. The really interesting stuff regarding the Sensei and their relationship to the Hand was over in about two episodes. 

Agree with Cage. I thought Cottonmouth was a far superior and nuanced villain to Diamondback, who was very flat IMO. 

I agree with all of this.

4 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

fun fact: the "hand headquarters" base is filmed right near me on staten island. that place is actually a wedding hall lol.  i wish i knew they were filming i would have tried to meet them. 

I know! My friend lives a few minutes away and had no idea that they were filming there, either. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got the Luke Cage and DD season 2 sets.  Overall, I like them.  I wish that DD had come with an undamaged version of that mask.  That seems like a missed opportunity.  Otherwise, that's a great set.  I probably would have preferred Shades or Diamondback over Mariah Dilliard in the LC set.  As it is, this set feels like part 1 of the series.  I know we won't see it, but a part 2 set with Diamondback (with power glove and big ass gun), Shades, Luke with grey hoodie and jeans (and chest block, this guy's huge), and Claire would be something I'm in to. 

Similarly, I'd love to see another Iron Fist set with Danny and Colleen in their black outfits, Madame Gao, and either Davos or Bakuto.

:thumbsup:  That's what I thought.  Thanks.  Heinous mentioned five months, and I was suddenly worried that it had been pushed to October. 

Now some wishlisting:

Luke Cage- yellow short sleeved t-shirt with slip over hoodie piece (this time with the hood yellow instead of gold) and arms.  

Matt Murdock- stupid scarf pirate

Elektra- I like that new look

Alexandra

Jessica Jones- pretty much the same as the first one, but this time with a black shirt and that scarf

Iron Fist- hopefully he dons some kind of costumed look, but at least an outfit that he actually does some fighting in

Daredevil- it's kind of lame that DST has not mass-released basic DD in his red costume.  We got the black clothes in the Season 1 set and a battle damaged late Season 1/early Season 2 look in the Season 2 set.  The red costume, undamaged, was only released in the SDCC set.  

Jeri Hogarth, Colleen, Misty, Claire, Trish, Foggy, and Stick could fill in some spots.  These shows have some rich back  ground characters.  

Edited by Turtle