UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2017 at 7:16 AM, Onyx_6 said:

Will these new sets be at TRU as well?

On 3/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, suicidewatch said:

Are the Daredevil seasons 2 and Luke Cage sets available at TRU?

On 3/1/2017 at 4:38 PM, Roccothegreat said:

good question.

I would also like to know, as I would rather spend $45 (these plus Gotham) in person than $60 + shipping online. :confused:

On 3/2/2017 at 9:39 AM, Heinous said:

I don't think the Select DD is gonna be exclusive, they've never shown exclusives first at a toy show, they are shown online first. Come to think of it, I don't think they ever show exclusives at toy shows

We have in the past, but try not to now. No reason to, not for the retailers. Select DD will be a regular release. I think we showed two TRU NBX MM.

I picked up the Luke Cage box set today. It's not the most exciting of the Netflix sets, but it's still pretty great.

-Cage himself is my favourite figure in the set. I like this look a fair sight more than the JJ costume, and his alternate chest, head, and arms help set him apart. Personally, I would have preferred the yellow shirt to the bare chest, but I'd guess DST didn't have the reference material.

-Cottonmouth is much more impressive to me than such a simple figure should be. His head tampo is fantastic, and I really like the green of his suit.

-Misty Knight is nice too, but without the robotic arm she isn't particularly memorable. Jacketless arms would have been nice, but it isn't an issue.

-Mariah is, in my opinion, the weakest of the set. There's nothing really wrong with her, but her design isn't particularly interesting and her likeness isn't perfect.

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I picked up the Luke Cage box set today. It's not the most exciting of the Netflix sets, but it's still pretty great.

-Cage himself is my favourite figure in the set. I like this look a fair sight more than the JJ costume, and his alternate chest, head, and arms help set him apart. Personally, I would have preferred the yellow shirt to the bare chest, but I'd guess DST didn't have the reference material.

-Cottonmouth is much more impressive to me than such a simple figure should be. His head tampo is fantastic, and I really like the green of his suit.

-Misty Knight is nice too, but without the robotic arm she isn't particularly memorable. Jacketless arms would have been nice, but it isn't an issue.

-Mariah is, in my opinion, the weakest of the set. There's nothing really wrong with her, but her design isn't particularly interesting and her likeness isn't perfect.

Pics?

DST just posted a pic of the iron fist box set on Instagram. I tried posting a picture from my phone but I can't get it to work. The boxset has a shirtless  Danny Rand, Danny Rand in a suit, Colleen Wing, and I think his teacher Lei Kung. Doesn't look bad but I feel like we could've just had one Danny Rand and given him extra parts and saved the a spot for another character. 

1 hour ago, WadeWilson said:

DST just posted a pic of the iron fist box set on Instagram. I tried posting a picture from my phone but I can't get it to work. The boxset has a shirtless  Danny Rand, Danny Rand in a suit, Colleen Wing, and I think his teacher Lei Kung. Doesn't look bad but I feel like we could've just had one Danny Rand and given him extra parts and saved the a spot for another character. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRvwoLAhbgq/

It looks good, hopefully it has some nice accessories like JJ or DD S2. 

I definitely agree about the two Rands, though.

32 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

If they decided to fold Luke Cage and Iron Fist into one show, that'd be fine with me. This shit is tedious as hell. 

I'd actually really like that. I've yet to see Iron Fist, but I found Cage much more interesting in JJ than in his own series, so the shared attention would likely be to his benefit.

59 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Since most of this set was shown before the show premiered I'd guess some of the selection was based on what parts were already available. This is all parts reuse, right?

Unless there are some fairly elaborate extras, yes.

Something I've just noticed is that there's a pretty noticeable difference between the skin tones of Jessica Jones Luke Cage and Luke Cage Luke Cage. I wonder why that it?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

15 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

A Danny/Colleen 2 pack like the Punisher/Daredevil set would have been sufficient. 

I sort of agree with you. I would have said the same thing about Luke Cage (Luke & Misty), but I ended up liking Cottonmouth way more than I was expecting to. Maybe I'll end up feeling the same way about the monk in this set, but the second Danny still seems pretty disappointing. Luke Cage and Iron Fist do feel less like they merit the four slots, but I'm probably just biased by my opinions on the shows. Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones both had really great, interesting, supporting casts, and Daredevil S2 had more interesting character designs.

On another note, has anyone considered making a Will Simpson QC?

Half way through the series, danny wears black suits in the series, they easily could have reused the matt murdock gimmick instead of the second danny hell I would've much preferred an alternate look of him in a black hoodie instead of the suit, and the whole situation is now infinitely more agitating since now we're missing an ass load of main characters, more than the other shows. Gao definitely should have been in this set, and one of joy ward or harold, lei-fung(?) hasn't done much yet, so I'll probably change my mind about him being replace with one of those characters, but suited danny is awful

Edited by FightTheDead118

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I was also wondering why they didn't do the Murdock suit thing and also wanted hoodie Danny. I'd really like a Hogarth and Gao mate. 

Definitely hoping for 2 boxsets for defenders, not sure if gao is confirmed yet but if shes in the show theres no way they can skip over her

Predictions for defenders, definitely need two boxsets

Set 1

Daredevil (not sure what could be done to differentiate it from the other one, angry facial expression?)

Jessica( hopefully with a new sculp for her jacket and scarf this time)

Alexandra ( Weavers character, presumed main antagonist)

Hogarth (been on every series so far, definitely deserves a figure)

Set 2

Luke (yellow shirt)

Iron Fist (hopefully in costume this time around)

Madame Gao (granted not confirmed but pretty much has to be there)

Turk Barret (probably not gonna happen but come on, it's Turk Barret baby)

Not sure who else we could use, most of the other characters confirmed for defenders (Foggy, Stick, Karen, Elektra(?), Claire, Trish, Misty, and Coleen) already have figures, maybe a hand ninja? They seem like they might play a big role in the series, maybe some other unannounced huge antagonist? Maybe a new Claire, as someone on here mentioned before, the Claire mate we have now is pretty scene specific, a new one wouldn't hurt

Edited by FightTheDead118