UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, bilbofett said:

So I know release dates aren't set in stone, but I was checking out ToyChestNews upcoming releases and they have DD season 2, Luke Cage,  and Gotham minimates all coming on 3/1/17. Cool, but expensive. :D

I may not have concrete dates on those for a couple of weeks. Nothing this week, and not seeing anything for next week, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's... a weird line-up. At first I assumed the 4th fig would've been Iron Fist in his costume, and the 3 we'd see would've been some of the key players in the series, but this selection leaves me scratching my head. We've known that Madame Gao, Hogarth, Meachum & Zhou-Cheng would be in the show since the beginning, so why bypass all of them? They were civvies sure, but all the Netflix sets feature civvies for the most part. No matter what the fourth fig is, two QC Rands ain't my definition of good selection.

Maybe it's a case of DST wanting to do the box-set too early and not getting enough material? Like in the flicks where they don't have concept art or knowledge about all the villains and whatnot. That's the only reason why I can think of that we're getting kitbashed Danny Rands.

PS: With a head & hair swap, you can get a fairly comic accurate Coleen though.

18 minutes ago, Heinous said:

They said he'd not get his costume til defenders 

Really? Well, that blows... Then I guess the hidden character is probably the villain/Steel Serpent (IIRC). Still instead of suited Danny we could've gotten Hogarth or Meechum. I get that the Netflix shows aren't very toetic though.

11 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Well, If you're looking for screen accuracy there's a decent chance they do need to be different. But any of that will be hard to know until we see the finished product.

Eh, the line between black and gray is blurry enough I'm sure they could make it work. In any case, it doesn't matter, since we're getting two Minimates.

Considering Hero Deadpool and Mascot-Pool all had extra torsos with arms, hands & head, they could've just included the torso and the "iron first", plus the extra feet. This set is light on acessories, especially compared with JJ, so it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch. As for the pants, eh, black pants aren't hard to come by. Netflix Daredevil had an extra chest block, head, tie and coat. The JJ set had an extra set of arms for every character. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to make "Fighting Rand" an alternate outfit of "Suited Rand".

Look at these:

pack1490i_lg.jpg pack1491i_lg.jpg (Hail Ivan)

The extras are a crapton in the JJ set. Maybe the IF 4-Pack has some acessories they can't show for story purposes, but two Rands in a set with none of them customed doesn't excite me. They could've at least gone for his Monk look as seen in the trailer.

"Poorly lit" is a really strange way to spell awesome.

Extras in a set are one thing I'm really hesitant to question DST on. For one, we don't know what accessories are going to be included. Two, we can make assumptions but don't really know how the costs work out.

The last few times all the extras were on display, so I don't think we'll be getting anything else. Even the other MM releases have their extras showcased (Parker gets the mask and bag, Wolvie gets his hairpiece, etc). 

And yeah, we don't know anything about the BTS stuff, but compared to the other sets, this is significantly weaker.