UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil Netflix (& other show) minimates?

Roccothegreat

Ben in the show is pretty much the same as his persona in the comics

loving this show, definitely want mates

EDIT: Episode 9 reminds us that this IS a marvel show and its awesome ;)

Edited by undeadpool

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really fun show. I'm only on episode 3 but I'll be riding this out all weekend.

And it's not just good in a "look, they name dropped so and so from the comics!" kind of way, which gets old quick if there's no substance behind it. It's actually a GOOD show. Likeable characters, good acting, good chemistry. Thumbs way up so far!

Ben in the show is pretty much the same as his persona in the comics

Ben's black in the comics? I think Marvel making white characters black shows there needs to be more black characters created in the Marvel U.

RIP MCD

I never said he was different as far a character goes... He's just black, I guess he had the best audition? It doesn't matter one way or the other. It'll be dumb if they change Ben to a black man in the comics, all I'm saying.

Vondie Curtis Hall is the actor, and I think he's solid. I guess it shouldn't be an issue what the color of the actors skin is, I'm sorry I said anything.

2nd best super hero show right now (And thats because the Flash is just perfection)

The fight scenes... oh gawd, the fight scenes. I'm glad Marvel realized with this and Cap 2 that coherent and fun fight scenes are good, and dark shaky scenes like the Bat-nonsense is terrible and should never leave the editing room.

I'd love a DD wave

I'm 4 episodes in as of now, and my main thought through all of it has been that this show nails the fight scene choreography. The acting, directing, writing, cinematography, and tone are all stellar. All the right elements of an amazing show in perfect balance.

But the fights are my favorite aspect. I would love to see Daredevil and Cap fighting side by side.

Zak, don't feel bad. I really shouldn't have been quite as harsh in my response. Changing the races of characters isn't something that should be done just for the sake of change. If the actor best for the role is of a differing race than the comic counterpart, that's one thing, but altering characters in the comics is a little different. Anyway, Vondie Curtis Hall is very good in the role, and I think he brings a lot of life to the character. I'm just starting episode 5 and I like what I've seen so far.

It depends on how its approached, honestly.

Look at Kingpin in the original Daredevil movie, and how he was one of the best parts of it. So long as the characters race isn't a major portion of his development (or if you are going to half ass it like Johnny Storm and Susan...), it shouldn't really matter.

It depends on how its approached, honestly.

Look at Kingpin in the original Daredevil movie, and how he was one of the best parts of it. So long as the characters race isn't a major portion of his development (or if you are going to half ass it like Johnny Storm and Susan...), it shouldn't really matter.

So in other words no asian Black Panther.

I've watched all 13 episodes now and it's absolutely brilliant. The fight scenes are incredible, it's by far the most faithful comic adaptation I've ever seen. I want minimates of this soooooooo bad, that red costume is awesome

I want Matt Murdock, black DD, maroon DD, Stick, and Fisk for sure! Love the series, it was cool to see a more gritty MCU story being told. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for AKA Jessica Jones now?

Believe the hype. This show is amazing. There's some moderate blood. But I don't understand why this is so captivating and phenomenal, and Agents of SHIELD can be so mediocre.

This show has made me care more about DareDevil than I have in years. Can't wait for more from Netflix and Marvel.

I'm watching the fifth episode right now and am enjoying it. I never got into the DD comics so I don't know his whole story. I'm just wondering how Daredevil can kill dozens of Hand ninjas in the comics but has a tough time taking out half a dozen thugs on the show? Does he get training from Stick on the show and all of a sudden become a much better fighter?

I made a thread for those who have finished the series in the minimate arms section. Please watch the show before reading anything!!!!!!!

I'm watching the fifth episode right now and am enjoying it. I never got into the DD comics so I don't know his whole story. I'm just wondering how Daredevil can kill dozens of Hand ninjas in the comics but has a tough time taking out half a dozen thugs on the show? Does he get training from Stick on the show and all of a sudden become a much better fighter?

I'd keep in mind that this is the very beginning of Daredevil's career in the show so he really has no idea what he's doing. Comic DD's skills are far superior (not to mention his abilities work a little differently, i suppose) and he has literal years of training and activity. But you have to remember, it's TV. Who would want to watch some random blind lawyer beat down anyone in his path with ease and just move on with life? Emotional appeal of watching Matt struggle to even stand in the hallway fight is far more captivating.

I'm on episode 4. Loving it. The little taste of Fisk we've had so far, his presence, it's already eerie and intimidating. Fight scenes are remarkable and brutal.

I'm getting a major Matt Fraction's Hawkeye vibe from this.