UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wish there was some megaman minimates

Yeah, I'm with you. Seriously disappointed that Marvel vs. Capcom gave us Zero, but not Mega Man himself, though that was the fault of the game and not DST. Back when he was doing commissions, I seriously considered asking Luke to do a Mega Man more than once. He's a glaring omission among the other video game Minimates we have. I would definitely buy all the main bots from Mega Man 1 and 2, anyway.

I was tempted by the Kubrick, but something about it doesn't really click for me. At least, not at the price that was being asked (I want to say they were wanting $30 for that 2-pack?). Maybe it's the fact that Mega Man was always so dynamic, and that Kubrick looks like he's got a stick up his butt.

Believe it or not, the Be@rbricks seem to be a bigger draw than the Kubs in Asia. Kubricks are either done, or have been on an extended hiatus for awhile now, while Be@rbricks still get churned out all the time. They all use the same basic mold, so there is a kind of appeal to that, even though I don't like them personally.

Edited by karamazov80

Believe it or not, the Be@rbricks seem to be a bigger draw than the Kubs in Asia. Kubricks are either done, or have been on an extended hiatus for awhile now, while Be@rbricks still get churned out all the time. They all use the same basic mold, so there is a kind of appeal to that, even though I don't like them personally.

I do not know why but that bearbrick thing just disappoints me so much lol guess it reminds me of funko pop toys to much

• 7 years later...

I'm glad I looked this up, because I was about to post a new topic.

Classic Mega Man MiniMates. Yes, I know this would mean working with Capcom as a licensor, but these would be very cool and the modular nature of MMs would play really well with MM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2022 at 1:43 AM, elhonez said:

I'm glad I looked this up, because I was about to post a new topic.

Classic Mega Man MiniMates. Yes, I know this would mean working with Capcom as a licensor, but these would be very cool and the modular nature of MMs would play really well with MM.

as others have mentioned ITT (many moons ago!) the Mega Man himself is a glaring omission from the (rather robust really) selection of video game mates we've gotten, and INDEED he and his brethren's striking, colourful colour schemes (and the mentioned 'mate modularity) seem like a beautiful and potentially iconic fit...

four heads a game + accessories, whack 'em in the retro video game's equivalent of the new VHS boxes and we're off to the races...

if whoever's reading is willing & able please kick this up the chain at DST robots rule humans drool 😛

Edited by SignatureChoice
minimises we HAVE gotten, not minimates we ARE gotten. also I realise the irony in leaving gotten up there while being so contraction pedantic.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, all of em! There is no shortage of available characters.

I recently replayed MM 1-6. Some great designs. 46 robot masters, plus Mega Man, Rush, Light, Wily, Proto Man and Roll. Various stage baddies (e.g. Sniper Joe). And 46 robot masters = 46 alt color schemes and accessories for MM.

Doing all of them wouldn't be practical, but I'd be down for either 100% of the first couple games, or a series of box sets that highlight some of best designs across the series 

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

Yeah, all of em! There is no shortage of available characters.

I recently replayed MM 1-6. Some great designs. 46 robot masters, plus Mega Man, Rush, Light, Wily, Proto Man and Roll. Various stage baddies (e.g. Sniper Joe). And 46 robot masters = 46 alt color schemes and accessories for MM.

Doing all of them wouldn't be practical, but I'd be down for either 100% of the first couple games, or a series of box sets that highlight some of best designs across the series 

I couldn’t agree with this anymore if I tried. MM is a great video game character that I’ve loved since playing mega man 2 in the early 90’s