UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chris Pratt as Indy?

stack32

I've always thought I'd hate the idea of anyone besides Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones, but then I saw this article suggesting Disney is interested in Chris Pratt for the role in a revival of the franchise. I... kind of like that idea, even though typing it seems like blasphemy. Thoughts?

This photoshop shows how much his look fits the role, but I'm not sure if his acting can pull it off. Starlord was goofy with charm....Indy needs something more than what Pratt has shown he is capable of so far. Indy is the rare mix of charming, intimidating, and scholarly all rolled into one. Pratt has charming down to a science, Jurassic World will show if he can pull off scholarly. That just leaves intimidating.

i8zYiT3.jpg

Saw the article. LOVE the idea. If there's one "soft reboot" that absolutely 100% should happen, it's this. Set it not long before Temple of Doom, play it like James Bond, Batman, or Hulk, and roll with it.

The only big risk is that Pratt can be a softy. Indy was no stone-cold killer but was more asshole than pal most of the time. Pratt could bring a lot of compassion to the role that wasn't there before, which was sort of a problem with Crystal Skull. Still, of all the actors approached or eyed for the role, Pratt has the best chops for it.