UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting the Capullo X-Force set, I would love a Cable Through the Ages boxset! The character just translates so well to Minimates, and is a perfect match for a "Through the Ages" set.

- Madelyne Pryor Goblin Queen (with baby Nathan)

- Nate Grey

- Stryfe

- Cable (Messiah War with baby Hope)

(don't forget to include a Psimitar and techno-organic virus riddled robo-arm!)

Movie odin's staff with an energy effect works well enough and Nathan Spencer's arm is a decent sub in

After getting the Capullo X-Force set, I would love a Cable Through the Ages boxset! The character just translates so well to Minimates, and is a perfect match for a "Through the Ages" set.

- Madelyne Pryor Goblin Queen (with baby Nathan)

- Nate Grey

- Stryfe

- Cable (Messiah War with baby Hope)

(don't forget to include a Psimitar and techno-organic virus riddled robo-arm!)

Two repaints of the Walking Dead baby in the same set!? Madness.

Not really a massive fan of TTA sets tbh, I much prefer the "friends and foes" type of box set as that gives more chance of fleshing out the supporting cast/villains of the major characters. However, and I know I may be biased as a thor fan lol, he seems to be the obvious choice to me. It's all pretty much laid out after his run in the last couple of years with young thor, current (or classic) thor, old thor, female thor and a frog thor as a small accessory!

I'd rather see a Friends and Foes set for Thor personally, I still don't feel like there's been a definitive Loki made. There's also Kid Loki now as well as female Thor, and a comic Malekith would look really cool.

Absolutely! I would much rather see a thor friends and foes set too - enchantress and the warriors 3 are also glaring omissions in minimate form in my opinion. I'm just saying that the TTA would work in this case.

Maybe we could warrant an entire new series of box sets like a, "Through the Ages," series compiled of classic enemies of classic heroes!

Much like the Deadliets Foes of Spider-Man, we could have one for Thor:

-Loki

-Enchantress

-Surtur

-Malekith

Maybe Hulk could join the fun!

-Leader

-Abomination

-Constrictor

-Bi-Beast

Iron Man needs some love, right?

-Iron Monger

-Titanium Man

-Mandarin(I always liked his red outfit)

-Madame Masque

Daredevil: Vigilante, Yellow, Wally Wood, Armored

We've gotten some of these before, but Yellow could use a refresh, Wally Wood style would be new, and Armored could be plussed-up with some sculpted pieces.

...but I'm also in agreement I'd rather see the "and friends" approach, or "vs." Like so:

Wally Wood style Daredevil, Gladiator (Potter), Owl, [Purple Man or Jester or Mr. Hyde or Mr. Fear]

The symbiote left flash and is jumping from guardian to guardian, attempting to commandeer the ship and take it to its home world, it seems the symbiote may stay there and flash will get this mech suit as a way to stay being a hero (he also has robot prosthetics now)

From CBM:

Artist Valerio Schiti had this to say about the reason for the redesign. "I suppose that the main reason for this change is the new readers—at least that’s what Brian Bendis said! The new generations of readers have a totally different idea of Venom; most of them don’t even know that once he was a bad guy. In this moment nobody perceives him like a monster, everybody knows that he’s a hero, a good guy with a super cool costume that can do amazing things so why don’t we concentrate on them?"

Really? REALLY?! What the hell is wrong with doing some research on a character? Does everything have to be done so that the new readers that may join, don't have to spend 5 minutes on wikipedia? So since he'll still be called Venom, I guess the symbiote will not go back to Brock or anything. Great....dry.png

I thought that was why they put the symbiote on Mac Gargan while making Brock Anti-Venom. They need to stick with an approach.

And why does anyone make a decision based on what Bendis thinks? I guess that's why they can't count on anyone to do five minutes of research, because the writer won't do it either.

Edited by Valo487

I thought that was why they put the symbiote on Mac Gargan while making Brock Anti-Venom. They need to stick with an approach.

And why does anyone make a decision based on what Bendis thinks? I guess that's why they can't count on anyone to do five minutes of research, because the writer won't do it either.

To be honest, I thought that Mac was a damn great Venom. He was different but you could look as him and say: "hey, that's Venom!". Dark Avengers was one of the few Bendis concepts I actually liked, but the execution was meh, which was a same, since it had the potential to be so much more (the interactions between them was what made it shine). This though, this is just bad...

If it is still a Symbiote then why does it look like he is in some sort of space armor? He should look organic, not like he is made of metal. It's a cool design though, but not for Venom.

Oh yeah, a Moon Knight TTA box set for the win!!

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

I would like to see a "Through the Ages" set for Spider-man, Cyclops, Professor X, Magneto, Storm, Beast, Cable and Thor.

My idea for Thor would be King Thor, Unworthy Thor, female Thor and Loki as the God of Thunder.

For Spider-man: Do him in updated versions of any of his past mates but give a uniform specific accessory. Spider-Noir, Spider-ham, Spider-Gwen, and Iron-Spidey.

For Cyclops: Civilian Scott Summers, X-mask Cyclops, More accurate Phoenix Five uniform, Cyclops in brown leather jacket.

However, I have a dream of getting a Through the Ages Sets for Star Trek (but I know this will never really happen).

1) Kirk: first episode uniform, Romulan undercover, Kirok, and Old Kirk (from when he was affected by the aging virus)

2) Spock: A Piece of the Action, Star Trek IV attire, in Motion Picture Uniform (ST1), and environmental suit from Tholian Web.

3) Scotty: Mirror Mirror Uniform, Motion Picture Uniform (ST1), as seen on TNG "Relics" and in dress uniform (with kilt as seen on TOS)

4) Riker: Season One uniform of TNG, As seen in Last TNG movie, Admiral Riker and from the episode of "Angel One".

5) Troi: Season One miniskirt uniform from TNG, As seen in Last TNG movie, As seen on the episode of Menage a Troi, and as a Romulan.

6) Picard: as Dixon Hill, as Robin Hood, as Galen and in Dress Uniform.

So I slowly work on customizing all the ones I am able and dream for the day they are officially made by DST.

To be honest, I thought that Mac was a damn great Venom. He was different but you could look as him and say: "hey, that's Venom!". Dark Avengers was one of the few Bendis concepts I actually liked, but the execution was meh, which was a same, since it had the potential to be so much more (the interactions between them was what made it shine). This though, this is just bad...

I agree, I thought it was a perfect solution, Scorpion needed something to revitalize him, and Marvel had given the character a lot of baggage because they couldn't decide if they wanted Venom as a villain or anti-hero, this solved all those issues, I don't know why they didn't stick with it.