UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Marvel or Dare Devil for me. Thor and Cyclops would be good, but we basically already have most of the possible variations on these guys. Captain Marvel could be a ten pack...

The only Through The Ages set I'd be interested in would be:

Punisher:

1. Classic Punisher (black gear with white boots, gloves, belt, and skull...not blue, not gray, but BLACK)

2. Captain America Punisher

3. Camo pants, t-shirt, face paint Punisher

4. Black cargo pants, black t-shirt Punisher

(with extra parts to give him a brown trench coat or a black trench coat)

Please and thank you!

I doubt this would have enough appeal for the casual buyer, but I would really love to see a Jean Grey Through the Ages set. It would be the perfect place for our Marvel Girl in green dress. There could be a Jean in her original civilian attire when she first came to Xavier's (poodle skirt, pillbox hat), A new stab at Dark Phoenix with awesome effects would be cool (though I know she wasn't literally Dark Phoenix); then you could also throw in Jean in the yellow and red X-factor get-up or any number of her modern costumes. She could also come with a little translucent cocoon to keep her suspended under Jamaica Bay while Phoenix runs amok in her place. :)

I've never felt that any of the Punishers have been perfect so I like the idea of this set .

Oh really? I kinda thought Best Of 2 nailed it.

I honestly didn't expect to care about the Punisher at all, but he was one of the stand-outs of that wave for me .

And Wes - you're not the first person to suggest a Jean Grey TTA :)

I'd be all over that set!

My favourite Minimate Punisher is the movie version ...that is one hell of a minimate IMO. As much as I like the Best of W2 'he' isn't the version of Punisher that I identify with , that version is the ASM #129 version which ....for emphasis .... was the one I first saw 41 years ago confused.gif We've had a minimate version of that one &...... I'm sorry......but the toothless chest logo was an epic fail .

Edited by buttheadsmate

The FA Punisher minimate would probably be more appealing if it was more like the cover of the issue and less like the interior art.

Best of 2 is good, but I would have liked it much more if it was black instead of blue. It's not necessarily a bad choice, just not my preference. Not a huge fan of the head and hair either.

yeah - i can't argue with you about the movie punisher. That bulky little armour piece with the stylised logo is hard to beat.

I never noticed that PA Punisher had no teeth! i can see why that'd be a problem for a Frank fan now.

Man, a Capt Marvel through the ages set would be fantastic, I would prefer: Current Captain Marvel, an updated Cockrum (lightning bolt) design, original (with exposed belly and farrah fawcet hair) and Binary costume. Wishful thinking: including pieces to de-powered Binary and a second original costume chest block like the Dark Ages release but in a lighter red.

A set with Current Carol, Genesis-vell, Mar-vell and Rick would be pretty awesome too.

We've already seen so many versions of Cable, but a TTA set with a Stryfe would be awesome.

The FA Punisher minimate would probably be more appealing if it was more like the cover of the issue and less like the interior art.

Best of 2 is good, but I would have liked it much more if it was black instead of blue. It's not necessarily a bad choice, just not my preference. Not a huge fan of the head and hair either.

ditto.gif ....every single word thumbsup.gif

The first Punisher ever with Battle Damaged Captain America is still the best to me.

I agree, it just looks way outdated now.

Yet again I agree with both of you .....to a degree. Nothing identifies the age of a Minimate more than the syle of its 'face' & [that] Punisher's face instantly says "I'm a ten year old Minimate" ......nothing too much wrong with being old whistling.gif but it becomes harder to blend in with the new . That first Pun/Cap set is a classic ........even the packaging is fairly unique .

I'll confess to not studying this whole thread .....has anyone mentioned Thor ? Tales of Asgard Thor (very young) .....female Thor .....Thunderstrike ...... the list is almost endless .

You're thinking "haven't we had enough Thors ?" After 20 or so 'mate versions maybe I'd agree but there is one thing that identifies any 'Thor' I've ever seen in a comic or in a movie that continues to be sadly missing with all the ones we've had in minimate form ........biceps ....big biceps ....massive biceps . Google 'Thor' [images] & you'll see instantly that every single incarnation of Thor has massive biceps/arms ....his costumes, generally sleeveless are designed to emphasise this singularly most important feature..... his biceps & massively strong arms .

No big biceps = no lifting of Mjolnir = no Thor . There are some nice Thor Minimates ...most of them in fact ....except for their arms .......IMHO of course. Easy fix .yes.gif

Anybody reading 'Thor' at the moment ? If you are take note of how her distinctly feminine,slender arms appear to be developing page by page , issue by issue . It's not coincidence .

Edited by buttheadsmate