UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

The last boxset official TTA boxset released was the Incredible Hulk one, but the Wolverine Saga and Deadpools Assemble sort-of count, I guess.

What character would you like to see in a TTA boxset? A Spiderman one would be nice, given there a few costumes that need to be made and a few that need updates. Given the success of the Venom one, another set centeed around a villain would be nice to see. Ultron, maybe. Or Magneto and there could be some sort of levitating metal accessory.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure these were already mentioned in the old thread, but 2 candidates that would do well would be Storm & Carol Danvers

Storm could get her Asgard look, Marvel Now!, AoA & 90's Joe Mad design:

Storm.jpg

Ms Marvel could have Binary, FA, Capt. Marvel & an updates Warbird look.

Marvel.jpg

After getting the Capullo X-Force set, I would love a Cable Through the Ages boxset! The character just translates so well to Minimates, and is a perfect match for a "Through the Ages" set.

- Madelyne Pryor Goblin Queen (with baby Nathan)

- Nate Grey

- Stryfe

- Cable (Messiah War with baby Hope)

(don't forget to include a Psimitar and techno-organic virus riddled robo-arm!)

I think Nessex is onto something with a Ms. (Captain) Marvel Through the Ages. You could even switch up the classic black onepiece with her Warbird getup from the Busiek Avengers run and have a little something for everyone.

You know, or they could do a true Captain Marvel through the ages with the OG Kree suit, traditional Mar-Vell (with Genis head!), Monica, and Carol.

I'd be all over both of those.

Moon Knight (was there ever any doubt?):

1) Mr. Knight w/Khonshu parts (head):

3874091-moon+knight+(2014-)+004-017.jpg

Khonshu-Moon-Knight-2014-580x358.jpg

2) NOW! Moon Knight w/Jake Lockley parts (mime head and bloody armor):

500px-Marc_Spector_(Earth-616)_from_Moon

Moon-Knight-issue-8-Lockley-vs-terrorist

3) Bone Armour:

ghost_killer.jpg

4) Classic Moon Knight:

1990s-Moon-Knight-580x394.jpg

It's probably never going to happen, but a man can dream, right? Maybe when he gets his tv-show/movie...

Edited by Kostisfire

Storm and Ms. Marvel pleaseeee. I'm impressed we've got two Wolverine sets but its savage look is not as cool as the Weapon X look. I wish we had that helmet and some wires going out of it.

Some of the characters you guys think can carry their own box set make me wonder if you've been paying attention to the last 60 waves or so, haha.

I'm not saying the looks you mentioned wouldn't be cool or aren't valid variations of that character, but I think if you want a better idea of who MIGHT make the cut, look at the Best Of waves.

Thor then?

Future King Thor

2701987-thor_10.jpg

Thor_(Earth-311).jpg

Unworthy Thor

thor-unworthy.jpg?w=780

And this damn thing?

4109305-thor_w_destroyerarmor.jpg

With bonus accessory

1097781-55_lockjaw_and_the_pet_avengers_

Put out an accompanying wave with the Female Thor and you've got a solid little set in my opinion. If they wanna stick with mainly canon characters, rip out 1602 and replace with Female Thor or Age of Thunder Thor.

Wolverine: Through the Ages

Weapon X

Team X

Fang Uniform (hands, head, and hair for Imperial Guard Fang)

Fear Itself Wolverine

Thor

Destroyer Armor Thor

Fallen Thor

Thor 2099

King Thor and Throg accessory figure

Phoenix Through the Ages

Dark Phoenix (Update)

Rachel Summers (red and yellow 80's Uncanny X-Men)

P5 Magik

Future Quentin

Many Armors of Iron Man

Heroes Reborn Armor

Hydro Armor

Iron Man 2020 Armor

Superior Iron Man

Many Faces of Captain America

Capwolf

Punisher Cap

Falcap

Major Victory (Vance Astro)

Moon Knight (was there ever any doubt?):

1) Mr. Knight w/Khonshu parts (head):

3874091-moon+knight+(2014-)+004-017.jpg

Khonshu-Moon-Knight-2014-580x358.jpg

2) NOW! Moon Knight w/Jake Lockley parts (mime head and bloody armor):

500px-Marc_Spector_(Earth-616)_from_Moon

Moon-Knight-issue-8-Lockley-vs-terrorist

3) Bone Armour:

ghost_killer.jpg

4) Classic Moon Knight:

1990s-Moon-Knight-580x394.jpg

It's probably never going to happen, but a man can dream, right? Maybe when he gets his tv-show/movie...

I'd be all over that one. I'm sure AA could figure out a way to get one or two other costume variants under these looks. My only concern might be that, in terms of merchandising and marketing, Moon Knight's a pretty colorless character. The packaging and advertising would really have to pop.

Well, since MK's "thing" is the fact that he has multiple personas, the fig that is usually on top of the windows could be a 3in1 MK. Now! to the left, Mr. Knight in the middle and Bone to the right. But it's never going to happen anyway.

Though I am pretty confident that we'll get a 2in1 Now! and Mr. Knight fig in an All-New Now! Wave ala 51. There are tons of updated costumes/characters that still haven't been made (Carol, Ghost Rider, Khamala, NuThor, Medusa, GotG, etc). Heck, if DST continues the same theme and we get an Original Sin TRU set at the end of the year, I can see him being one of the choices.

Honestly, what is the point of TTA sets anymore? B-listers (and lower) have tons of looks but can't sell, A-listers are pretty much covered and are needed to anchor the new releases, so no one really matches the criteria anymore. Which is a shame, since most of the TTA sets are each year's best.

Ms. Marvel, Storm and Antman are all excellent candidates.

Oh, my bad, I didn't realise there was already a thread about this.

Wolverine: Through the Ages

Weapon X

Team X

Fang Uniform (hands, head, and hair for Imperial Guard Fang)

Fear Itself Wolverine

Thor

Destroyer Armor Thor

Fallen Thor

Thor 2099

King Thor and Throg accessory figure

Phoenix Through the Ages

Dark Phoenix (Update)

Rachel Summers (red and yellow 80's Uncanny X-Men)

P5 Magik

Future Quentin

Many Armors of Iron Man

Heroes Reborn Armor

Hydro Armor

Iron Man 2020 Armor

Superior Iron Man

Many Faces of Captain America

Capwolf

Punisher Cap

Falcap

Major Victory (Vance Astro)

Not sure how I feel about a third Wolverine one, but the costumes you've picked are all pretty deserving. A Thor, Pheonix, Iron Man and a second Cap one would all be great. I'm especially liking your picks for the Cap one.

Pretty crazy that we haven't had a Spidey one yet. But barring that, the next logical choice is Nighthawk.

Yeah, given how many costumes Spidey's had im suprised too. I think making a Spiderman one would be good since last year didn't we didn't really get anything comic-Spidey related.