UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogue was #4 on CBR's Marvel popularity poll last year. So many good choices left, too. I'd go with 80's, Savage Land, X-Treme, and Messiah Complex.

If they're really going through with the Rogue Cut of DOFP, then I'd say she's just about the best candidate for the format.

Captain-America-618-by-Chris-Stevens.jpg

2mhbk0x.jpg

Storm beat Rogue to reach #2 on that poll, but she'd be more or less three solid do-overs (FA, Mohawk, 90's) and a modern look. Which wouldn't be bad at all, but wouldn't interest those who want all-new, all-different looks to collect from these.

The-Mighty-Thor-2-by-David-Yardin.jpg

But looking at how overall popular the X-Men were on the poll, I'd say themed sets like Wave 60 are more the way to go than singling out one character for a box set.

Rogue, Ka-Zar, and Zabu would be 75% of a Savage Land box set though...

As (intentionally) silly as the redesign in the latest Waid DD issue was, I still immediately wanted a Minimate of it. Spoilered image if you're trade waiting:

dd14-3.jpg

I liked the "costume" itself, but this is probably a jab at MK's current look (Waid is known for his dislike of gritty characters) so I can't say that I'd want it to take a slot that could go another character. Maybe in a TTA set.

personally I dont need more TTA sets, simply because the popular characters will continue to get remade in other sets and i dont want to see their alternate looks wasted in a set with only them

if a weapon X wolverine can sell a Maverick mate then thats what i'd prefer

also I see the new DD costume as the final jab at the "Murdock has given up on a secret identity", so i see it as more a jab at himself than at Ellis's MK, hence why I like it

also its stylish, while slightly impractical

Not for a Through The Age boxset but with the series 60 been released I woukd love to see a two-pack with Savage Land Roguee and a regular Nick Fury (not the 'casual' from Age of Ultron). Even a Ka-Zar and Zaladane pack would be great!

• 1 month later...

Mainly because we aren't doing any more TTA sets.

I mean, never say never, but I think we're done, unless something comes up.

Most of these ideas are for characters who wouldn't carry a set on their own. Cyclops MAYBE, but Captain Britain, Magneto, Moon Knight, I doubt it.

I'd love a Spider-Verse Spider-Man TTA set, but it doesn't seem to be in the offering.

Im not sure you saw the advertisement banner Kostis and i are rocking...

Would Ghost Rider be considered big enough to carry a TTA set?

• Classic Ghost Rider (w/ parts for 90's Johnny Blaze)
  • 90's Ghost Rider
  • Vengeance (why not?)
  • 2014 Ghost Rider
  • (plus some bikes...) other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif