UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars III Minimates?

undeadpool

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's part of Battleworld, according to USA Today:

In Arcadia what Wilson describes as "this feminist paradise" a familiar threat to Marvel fans arises again and because of it, the new team of A-Force is formed to be the superhero standard bearer.

The familiar threat is probably Iron Man or Mr. Fantastic "mansplaining" something.

Arcadia? Unless Joan is there, I THINK the name says it all...

Although I don't know why he'd run a feminist paradise. Maybe Purple Man?

Edited by Mnemosis

Maybe the time will be right for an all-female wave of Minimates!

Updated She-Hulk/Updated Rescue

Medusa/Updated Wasp

She-Thor/Captain Marvel

Variant: Red She-Hulk/Black Widow II (Yolina)

I would give up Rescue for anyone else on the poster, but really, it would seem we would need an "Iron (Wo)Man" to anchor.

Right because a norse god, a genetically modified scientist, a billionaire playboy and super soldier frozen in ice from world War 2 made sense as a team up....

The movie Avengers aren't really portrayed as a good team. The stand-alone movies ignore the team dynamic, and Ultron seems to continue the tradition of team members fighting team members for one reason or another.

By contrast, the comic book alliance between Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp, and Ant-Man was a fairly simple story about teamwork. It didn't last long, and was pretty much foreshadowing present-day Marvel (Call the Fantastic Four? Nope!), but it was fun.

That's what bothers me about Secret Wars 2015. There's so much going on that it's exhausting. It's also hard to explain what Marvel's doing without including the reasons why. It's the story of a guy, who's really mad at Fox, who is smashing his worlds together while yelling, "Mine! Back off!"

I don't envy the licensees who have to research and predict what's going to be popular from all this a year from now. Mattel tried to do some Flashpoint-themed Action League figures a few years ago, and while they were good, they were so unsuccessful they pretty much killed that line. Events like this are a huge merchandising gamble, so I wouldn't fault DST for going more classic-style for wider releases and saving the new and experimental stuff for exclusives.

I agree that it would be a huge longshot for an all female box set but I'm loving elmeuax and Stegron01's suggestions. Hellcat, Moondragon, Medusa and Disco Dazzler would make this classic character lover swoon. A Defender, an Avenger, an Inhuman and an X-character... that's the kind of diversity I'm looking for!

• 4 months later...

From the latest AskDST:

Lewis R.

I heard you were sign up to make products for the secret wars 2015 do
you intend to make any of your 7 inch figures of any of the secret wars
2015 figures and if so can you tell me what figures you will make

DSTChuck: Lewis, we will be making product for Secret Wars, but not Select figures, sorry.

Doctor Zero Minimate confirmed!!!!