UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spongebob Minimates

Cool, thanks for sharing.

What's with the holes in the heads? Are they for Krusty Krab hats?

When I read that earlier I had no idea that you were being serious & was about to enter into another 'why do Minimates have holes in their heads' rant blush.png . Now that I have done my research on all things Spongebob ................

......................I want me some Krusty Krab hats laugh.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched a lot of Spongebob in quite a while, so I'm not sure if it's related to a particular episode. Why a giant head for Plankton and nothing else? I know with proper scale, doing Plankton wouldn't really work. So the answer is just to make a normal sized Plankton head? Too bad Rocket don't get the same treatment.

I think if we just made Rocket as a head, people would have been upset.

Hats are a possibility down the road, not sure if everyone saw the Glove World versions at Toy Fair. Luckily, Spongebob is a sponge, which makes the hole appropriate. :)

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else in Canada has had this experience. Had order the Spongebob minimates series 1 through my local comicshop and they were scheduled to come in mid-April. However I then found out that Diamond had cancelled the order saying that they were unavailable to be shipped in Canada (rights issues?). Can anyone confirm this? If so, I guess I have to find them through other means. Thanks.

My shop did not get them either (I'm located in Ottawa BTW). They did not know why, but said they would look into it. Rights issues eh? Hmmmmm.... This is the Tomb Raider minimate fiasco all over again.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Found the box set at my TRU today, and got the set with Sandy from Luke yesterday. So that's all the main cast, yay. Overall I really like these guys, with Mr Krabbs and Sandy being my favorites, I think. The only one that I don't think translated all that well is Squidward. And Plankton's too big, but the fact that he's a Minimate head, meaning I can put him on, say, an extra Spider-Man body is pretty keen. Overall a bright, fun colorful set.