UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spongebob Minimates

Guess it's confirmed via DST.

Not sure how I feel. I love Squidward, but the show is so awful now. But I guess with the movie coming out. That money bag accessory though... army building that for burglers and bank scenes!

A Diamond Select Toys release! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Its SpongeBob Squarepants, the star of a new Minimates mini-figure line! Based on the long-running hit animated series, the first assortment of two-packs includes SpongeBob with Sandy, Patrick with Squidward, Mr. Krabs with Perch Perkins and a rare, one-per-case box set of Grandpappy Redbeard with an orange Perch Perkins! Yarrr! Each Minimate stands approximately 2 inches tall with multiple points of articulation, and each figure features interchangeable parts and accessories. Packaged on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afi-pre-toyfair2015-exclusive-reveal-spongebob-squarepants-minimates-series-1-asst/

[image]http://i0.wp.com/www.actionfigureinsider.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSTSpongebobMMAFi1.jpg?zoom=3&resize=800%2C390[/image]

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSTSpongebobMMAFi1.jpg?resize=800%2C390

SpongeBob Squarepants Minimates Series 1 Asst.

A Diamond Select Toys release! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? It’s SpongeBob Squarepants, the star of a new Minimates mini-figure line! Based on the long-running hit animated series, the first assortment of two-packs includes SpongeBob with Sandy, Patrick with Squidward, Mr. Krabs with Perch Perkins and a rare, one-per-case box set of Grandpappy Redbeard with an orange Perch Perkins! Yarrr! Each Minimate stands approximately 2 inches tall with multiple points of articulation, and each figure features interchangeable parts and accessories. Packaged on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!

Easy, easy, easy pass for me. AA did a great job translating the characters into Minimates but I really dislike the franchise.

Nice to see DST getting into other Nickelodeon properties but wake me up when they acquire Avatar: The Last Airbender or Legend of Korra.

Are you ready kids?

I said, ARE YOU READY KIDS?

I can't wait to show these to my daughter. We'll be getting two sets, one for her and one for me.

Is Spongebob one big piece, with the arms and leg pegs on one super big torso, or does he have a separate crotch? I can't quite tell.

These actually look a lot better than I would have guessed, but I don't really have an interest in the property, I ws never a fan of the show. I hope these sell well though, I'm always in favor of expanding the brand. Except when we end up with K-Mart exclusives....

These look OK, but at a certain point figures lose so much of the Minimate aesthetic that they don't appeal much to me. Hopefully these can sell well considering all the other competition for Spongebob toys out there.

Edited by karamazov80

These did turn out cool. Perch Perkins? Should have been Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Also, the Patrick looks off. I think its the head. He has more of a triangle head than a cone. Just my two pence.