UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man Minimates

BrobotC

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little disappointed that we are not getting a Minimate sized flying ant like Hasbro and Lego are offering.

Hopefully we get at least one of the characters in micro scale a la Tinkerbell, Silver Surfer, or Puppet Master's puppets.

During the final Remender issues of Secret Avengers, Eric O' Grady died and was reborn as an LMD. Since the plot of the last arc was about AIs wanting to claim earth as their own, the Eri LMD, now calling itself Black Ant went rogue and betrayed the SA. He managed to escape IIRC. But I don't think that Pym's evil in the movie, they just want another Ant moniker to give him so they chose Black Ant, since Hope is the Wasp (probably), Scott Ant-Man and Cross Yellowjacket.

from the looks of the lego suit, it rings to me as just a battered/old Antman suit meaning the one he made for Scott is probably a newer version

I still think Hank could be the villain of the film but not in his own suit, i think they could go the unstable-mind route and have the over-use of pym particles mess with his head, causing him to help Darren Cross develop Yellowjacket without his own knowledge

but I guess we will wait and see

I read somewhere earlier that Yellow Jacket is *not* the final villain of the film... so it's looking more and more like Hank may end up being the bad guy.

The 'mentor turned ebemy' trope is not an uncommon one, especially in these sorts of films. Didn't Iron Man 1 go down that path?

I read somewhere earlier that Yellow Jacket is *not* the final villain of the film... so it's looking more and more like Hank may end up being the bad guy.

The 'mentor turned ebemy' trope is not an uncommon one, especially in these sorts of films. Didn't Iron Man 1 go down that path?

Aye it did exactly that.

But making Hank Pym the villain already... seems a bit like it'd be too fast. I dunno. I'd be really surprised if they took it there.