UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man Minimates

BrobotC

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really cared for the character

That's been me for all the Marvel Studios movies.

I was raised on X-Men & Spider-Man. I really didn't care about other characters. Iron Man? Captain America? Thor? Boring.

Yet I love & look forward to these movies infinitely more than the others.

If you'd told me 10 years ago that an Avengers movie would be in my top 10 favorite films of all time, I'd laugh, roll my eyes, and make the "jerk off" motion with my hand. I couldn't have cared less about the Avengers.

Heck, if you'd have told me 2 years ago that a Guardians of the Galaxy movie would be my absolute, #1 favorite movie of all time, that I would've seen 10 times in theaters (two of those times back to back in the same evening), and almost every day since the bluray was released, being able to nearly quote the entire film word for word, I would've reacted like this:

8524698.jpg

While I'm not as excited for Ant-Man as I am for Age of Ultron or Black Panther or OMFG Doctor Strange (though more excited than I was for Incredible Hulk - I didn't like Norton's casting or the CG - still don't like the CG...though, bring on a Ruffalo Hulk movie, please), I'm still more excited for this than X-Men: Apocalypse, and that should be blasphemy coming from me.

I would've seen 10 times in theaters (two of those times back to back in the same evening), and almost every day since the bluray was released, being able to nearly quote the entire film word for word

That's nice. . .

CMivDZT.gif

Sounds pretty plausible. Upon further reflection, although I know that it seems this will never happen, this seems like the perfect movie to think outside the box and do a mixed movie/comic wave. A couple of movie 2 packs to cover the obvious characters along with a comic hank Pym in one of his guises along with a new wasp and a couple of their classic villains such as whirlwind and...uh...ultron(?) and it seems like there's something to please everybody!

I'm just gonna say it, I don't think that Ant-Man brings enough to the table in terms of a Minimate wave.

There are three main characters and a villain. Sure you could fill the wave with variations of Scott and Hank, but that would just be a waste of marketing and materials in my opinion.

right because we all know Marvel movies only ever feature one version of the main heroes costume and usually dont have large cast of interesting characters....dry.png

my antman wave suggestion would be:

Retired Hank Pym/ Antman II

Hope Van Dyne/ YellowJacket

Scott Lang/ Flashback Antman I

Scott Lang/ Flashback Wasp (Variant)

please give us mates for this film, DST hasnt missed a marvel studios film yet! dont let this be the first!

• 4 weeks later...