UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2015: Age of Elephantron

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My BE gift arrived today, woo! Now, I got uh, kinda excited and I don't have a pic of the box soooo, let's dive right into the gifts themselves!

First up, candy, a card and keychains:

DSC_0001_zpsfaqnsk0y.jpg

The keychains are super cute and the candy is awesome! It's a chocolate koala with caramel filling! And who doesn't like a card?!

Next up, the mates themselves:

DSC_0002_zpsfclaiuw0.jpg

I missed out on 59 when it first came out, so I was hunting these down for quite a while. More info later...

And not, the star of the show.....MOON KNIGHT BADGES!

DSC_0005_zpsoszoisnz.jpg

Look at those magnificent bastards! It's Declan Shalvey's Moon Knight in all of his eerie glory! I don't use the word sexy quite often, but these things are sexy. Extremely sexy. Really, extremely sexy....

Now, the box came from Australia, so that's clue 1. A while back Nessex, being an awesome guy, got in contact with me and volunteered to help me with Wave 59, since I'd posted in the 59 thread about how I couldn't find them. His comic shop was out though, so he'd order them and they'd arrive around early July. I waited and waited and waited and then I got anxious because PayPal has blocked all transcactions in and out of Greece, so I was really nervous about how I'd be able to pay. And today, lo and behold, I got them!

I really can't thank Nessex enough for this. I both got the figs that I was looking for and I breathed a sigh of relief now that I don't have to find a way to send the money with all that's going on. Again, thanks a ton man, I really can't thank you enough. From putting up with me and all and sending me all these gifts!

Glad you liked everything man. The truth is, my comic book shop had them in months ago - but then i saw you posting about them in the haves/wants thread, so i had to string you along a little bit to try and discourage you from finding them elsewhere. LOL
The card and the koalas were the hints about who your gift was from, but i guess the X-Men minimates were a dead give-away too.
I'm not much at customising, but wanted to make sure something Moon Knighty was in your gift, so i minted up some buttons.

Enjoy, man :D

Glad you liked everything man. The truth is, my comic book shop had them in months ago - but then i saw you posting about them in the haves/wants thread, so i had to string you along a little bit to try and discourage you from finding them elsewhere. LOL

The card and the koalas were the hints about who your gift was from, but i guess the X-Men minimates were a dead give-away too.

I'm not much at customising, but wanted to make sure something Moon Knighty was in your gift, so i minted up some buttons.

Enjoy, man biggrin.png

You lying---JK man, thanks a ton for everything! I've already displayed my O5 (and I don't display a lot of figs, so far, the only ones that I have done so with are Uncanny X-Force, Dark Avengers and the OzBolts) and I'm thinking of how to use the badges. As for the candy, well, they're uh, gone and the keychains have already been put to good use. The card's with the rest of my BE/SS cards from the Multiverse.

Kosti you know what would be really sexy? Wearing all 7 of those badges out on a date. :0 happy birthday and nice job to Nessex for a great gift.

Kosti you know what would be really sexy? Wearing all 7 of those badges out on a date. :0 happy birthday and nice job to Nessex for a great gift.

And render the poor girl unconscious from such sexyness? These mighty badges should be used with the most extreme of care. I dread to think of the results in case they fell to the wrong hands...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the super late post but my computer isn't letting me post any pictures. My gift arrived so perfectly on time that I'm wondering if my Birthday Elephant actually took a cross-country trip to deliver it himself. I've been having a world of problems with mail delivery lately.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pics eventually but I got Series 1 of Aliens which I wasn't able to get when they came out; 2 TMNT Foot soldiers, so shredder and bradford finally have some company; and a 20th Mallrats mate! And I also got an awesome sketch card from Lukes toy store.

post-6840-0-53841200-1441939493_thumb.jp

Here's a close-up of the card.

post-6840-0-89003700-1441939527_thumb.jp

Thank you very much Birthday Elephant, whomever you are (havent figured it out yet!)

P.S.

Here's a message from ol' deadpool himself. He's pretty upset that there were no chimichangas in the package.

post-6840-0-06256600-1441939588_thumb.jp

Edited by ElGallo21

My amazing Birthday Elephant gift arrived on 8/7.

It was VERY appropriately titled 'Son of the Big Grey Bin'.

Even if I hadn't recognized the MMMV member by the state on the return address, the amount of pure generosity and attention to detail with the packing/bagging etc would have given PK13 away! ;)

I hope to set some time aside soon and photograph everything, I'd post an entire list of what was received, but the entire thing has to be seen to be believed. :yes:

This generosity of members in this community continues to be mind-boggling.

• 3 weeks later...

I have received messages from my gifter and informed that though my gift is about a month late it should be on its way very soon. Props to my gifter for being proactive and contacting me about the delay. I don't mind the wait as long as you communicate. And yes I shall be posting pics of my bounty once it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

My birthday package arrived and here is the unwrapping...

The package with all the incriminating information removed save the first name and last name first initial because I found it interesting that someone named Chris got my name in the draw...

MMMV%20box_zpsmiftspu1.jpg

After receiving instructions via electronic mail to "open the top carefully" this is what was waiting inside...

MMMV%20box%20open_zpsrmt8fqet.jpg

... and this ...

MMMV%20envelope_zps27ept4lg.jpg

The aforementioned instructions...

MMMV%20instructions_zpsnoegzclv.jpg

"Dear Mysterious Stranger

Happy Belated Birthday!

The Sentient being Elephantron has decided not to crush you under his might and instead due to a glitch in Window 8 (Lol) he has selected you to receive gifts for your Birthday. Though like myself, Elephantron is a villain (and like me in more ways than 1) and because of this your gifts are arriving long after your Birthday...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem. Things to note for maximum joy.

1 gift may be opened whenever & is marked as such. This is a fluff gift w/ no impact on the rest. The next 3 gifts are recommended to be opened in order and are labeled appropriately.

The last one is particularly fragile. Carefully cut it open.

After the gifts wrapped in paper is a bag with items that will make sense later along with an explanatory note.

As for who I am? Several clues have been included. Can you find them all? botany and Zoology is not one of my fields of study, though biochemistry, biology and robotics are sciences that I study. I'd like to create an army of zombies one day as well. Do you think I can?

{along the side of the sheet}

This USS battleship was named after a state. Comissioned in 1913 & launched initially from the brooklyn naval yard."

So being the good person I am I immediately ripped open the gifts out of order... just kidding. The gifts laid out, clearly marked as indicated in the instructions.

MMMV%20packages_zpsuolmygah.jpg

Gift #1...

MMMV%20open%201st%20opened_zpsyeadybua.j

MMMV%20open%201st%20top_zpsiu7glyzm.jpg

MMMV%20open%201st%20bag_zpsa8j5berc.jpg

A Mass Effect Illusive Man (chosen due our similar names perhaps?) and a couple OMFG figures who will be getting detail paint before Halloween I hope. I've been thinking about getting a full set of the Mass Effect figures but held off due to Illusive Man's seeming rarity. Now I don't have that excuse not to get the rest.

MMMV%20open%201st_zpsiaoylgpl.jpg

Package #2

MMMV%20open%202nd%20opened_zpszulwm6bh.j

MMMV%20open%202nd%20top_zpsqqgiehwj.jpg

More instructions? Its my birthday. You shouldn't be telling me what do to.

MMMV%20open%202nd_zpsx369wjks.jpg

What's this? A custom D'Argo Minimate?!

MMMV%20BD%20Dargo%20opened_zpseuvgqkl5.j

And the instructions makes sense now...

MMMV%20BD%20Qualta%20Blade_zpsnqmeyydw.j

Side note - I spent a few minutes digging through the bubble wrap of the D'Argo figure checking for his Qualta Blade thinking I missed it before I felt guilty and greedy for expecting more above this awesome custom. Then I opened the second baggie and let out a Luxan battle cry.

D'Argo LIVES!!!

MMMV%20BD%20Dargo_zps2hrb3lpk.jpg

But wait, there's more! Custom Farscape labeled figure display!

MMMV%20BD%20base%20front_zpsihbvjz0t.jpg

Personalized with the MMMV 2015 Birthday Elephantron info...

MMMV%20BD%20base%20back_zpsxv4cgur8.jpg

And signed by the creator...

MMMV%20BD%20base%20bottom_zpsatzcds77.jp

D'Argo LIVES!!!

MMMVBD%20Haul%20Dargo%20and%20base_zps5x

Complete haul with candy (the open whenever gift) and key paints for the D'Argo figure to fix any future dings or scrapes.

MMMVBirthday%20Haul%202015_zpsegmmqxhr.j

Now while I have my giftee's real name (from emails and the return address) I don't have his screen name. I haven't been around long enough to get the clues nor have I done enough trading to recognize real names but if I had to venture a guess based on the clues I figured out could it be resident MMMV Cat Lady Arnim Zola?

Many grateful thanks and much appreciation to my giftee who made up for the package being a month late with all of the awesomeness inside. Thank you Birthday Elephant! You rock!

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Well done, you have deciphered my clues. Which one was it that gave me away? I had a ton of gun with the clues.

I am very glad you were happy with everything. I saw you mention that you hadn't picked any of the ME mates and thought I would get the chase out of the way for you.

The candy I wanted to eat. Like really bad.

The custom, I have never seen the show and I knew I had 8 months and thought I could do it. It took me the last 4 months of very little time each day (super busy and have a baby) so I was super relieved when I finished. And as I was putting all the finished parts together for the last time my thumbnail scratched the paint right off the arm.

The sword was so fun too make, and I did it in 1 day after finishing the main custom. I will be makinga lot of inanimate accessories myself now.

I also have a ton of pictures I will put in my custom thread of the wip. And true to minimates He can actually be displayed in multiple ways as all the red armor is removable.

Glad you liked it all!

• 3 weeks later...

My gift sender knocked it out of the park! I knew it would be good when I saw the box:

BE2015g_zpsowm9iejk.jpg

Then I opened and found some ant-ring goodness, haha!

BE2015f_zps9wfwhrha.jpg

So I dig into the wrapped packages. First up, some awesome candy and gum, (minus the Blue Raspberry Air Head that I immediately devoured).

BE2015e_zpsus8y4ddt.jpg

Next up is a really cool Unmasked Pyro. I freaking love customs like this:

BE2015d_zpshvxkuofd.jpg

Next I open what feels like a tpb, and it is, but one that I've never read, (but have heard great things about),

BE2015c_zpsyzaeroly.jpg

Pretty sweet, right? And then, as if the swwets, Pyro custom, and Saga V1 weren't enough, I opened the biggie:

BE2015b_zpsfdoxj7g3.jpg

How f'ing cool is that?!? Here it is side by side with the tpb:

BE2015a_zpshcfcczz5.jpg

That's 100% awesome. I love the Saga customs without even having read the comic. And as much as I want to open them up, the package is just too sweet to rip into.

From the custom work, my first guess was that Mattallica had drawn my name in this year's Birthday Elephant. After looking up the return zip code, my guess was confirmed.... at least I'm 99% sure it was confirmed. I can't say thanks enough, Matt. This is one kick ass present and that Saga custom is immediately one of the prizes in my collection. Thanks again, Mattallica, you rock. buttrock.gifbuttrock.gifbuttrock.gif

you are correct and so very welcome my friend, i know you like alt.looks of characters in your collection and since Pyro didnt come with one i made him one simple but i thought it was cool. As for the Saga stuff a pure guess as you seem to have most everything else, im so glad you like them the package should come apart easily as the two bubbles are just taped together so dig in, Alana has two looks with and without her shawl, by moving her wings to the outside of the shawl or just on her back, Marko has his sword and then of course there is baby Hazel. again so glad you like them hope you have a very Happy Birthday Bud. -M

5d781b49-9b7a-4083-9e19-2866ec145eff_zps

Edited by Mattallica

• 9 months later...

Terribly sorry for the thread bump, but I can't find the 2016 BE thread. I've lost some posts as well, and I was wondering maybe the thread got somehow "deleted" during the transfer? I got my present for this year, and I've got the pics and all, but I can't find the appropriate place to post them, in order to confirm its arrival.

Yeah - i can't find it either. Weird. It was called the Dark Elephant Saga.... but now i'm completely unable to find it.

Mods - can you shed any light on the subject?